LegacyGT.com

Offically started my Audio System Install Log...feel free to check it once in a while

16psibrick

Good write up...intrested to know how much the stock even sounds after all the door damping.

By seeing your sig on that site it looks like you did kick panel speakers and quite a componet set at that. What kind of foot room loss are you dealing with ZIKES!

The shop I worked at in college did a IASCA competition car...fully Dyn Audio highs in the kick panels like that and it was beautiful. But it was in a 65 Caddy Fleetwood so no imaging issues do to the wide floor and bench seat no blockage or foot room issues.

Going to start my build over Easter weekend...just doing a simple straight forward system mostly of things I have already. Trying to finalize high pass probably JL XR's again or Quart's.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your write up!

my volvo, due to the fact that it has no lower door location, has to go wtih kicks to get any kind of good sound, i previously had morel ovations in there...but then someone dared me that i cant fit the entirety of a AVI BSM tri star kit plus extra midbass all down in there...so i did it lol...kick panels go down to 30hz haha ;) the scooby wont be anyhting like it...

i am so used to kicks that i didnt mind the huge kicks at all in the volvo :)

b

when i go thte car, as turned up the stock system, i can notice door buzzing and rattling, espeically from midbass heavy songs with bass guitars etc...

the dampening took a lot of it away...so it at least makes my journeys slightly easier to take...but coming from my volvo's sytem, hehe well...lets jsut stay i have a lot of motivation to get this system done

b

Can you give more info on the grey foam in your doors? How its attached and how effective it is? I have 100in2 of Second Skin waiting for my doors, but I'm not sure if I need that stuff too :D

www.edesignaudio.com

click on edead :) the foam dampening is edead v4...

you can read up on all their stuff from their site :) like all elemental stuff, all very high qualiyt at a good cost :)

its adhesive backed so attaches normally...

i went through combined about 80 sq feet betweentthe doors and the trunk area, not counting hte two layers of liquid dampening..

hopeuflly iw ill get a lot more done next week since i didnt schedule anyone in just to focus on my car :p

b

Archived