LegacyGT.com

Pulling a Jet Ski on the Beach

I'm looking at the GT really hard and am wondering how well the AWD helps when pulling a Jet Ski on a sandy beach with street tires? My current Maxima does okay as long as I keep the speed up, but if a child jumped in front of me in the soft deep areas :x Anybody have any input?

You should be alright, you will at least have 3X the traction of the Maxima getting going again. (Maxima has an open front diff IIRC meaning 1-wheel drive, GT has an open front + rear LSD meaning 3-wheel drive.) BTW, they let you drive on the beach? Wouldn't you want to launch from a boat ramp?

There are several standup riders in this area who launch directly off the beach. There is a "PWC" zone specifically for this. I have mine on a trailer, so I unhitch the trailer, drop the Ski in, & rehook the trailer. Loading up is the reverse; it weighs about 300 pounds so it's no prob. winching it on, or else 2 of us just pick it up. The car doesn't get close to the water. :wink: One of the guys has an Outback, but ground clearance shouldn't be an issue so I'll go with better handling. 8)

Archived