LegacyGT.com

It's everything people say!

Picked up my gt 2 days ago and today I had an errand that involved driving 300 miles, almost all highway with varying degrees of congestion, some major commercial road (route 1 in New Jersey). First highway performance: I am coming from a wrx, and my biggest impression came from the lack of "sponginess" when I pressed on the throttle. In the wrx I was used to waiting a bit for something to happen; not so in the gt. The gt just responded in a very satisfying linear fashion, strongly pulling forward when directed to do so. There were no situations that required much in the way of handling: a few curving ramps. The suspension was great in terms of comfort and feel - I could feel the road surface, bumps, etc but the experience was cushioned and quite comfortable. Interior experience: I was carefully watching my revs and varying my speed, gear and revs from time to time, keeping my revs in a 2500 to 4000 range. Nonetheless I found my revs up to 5000-5500 a few times -- the car was too quiet for me to notice. Wind and tire noise was significant, however -- don't think you'll be riding in a library. The auto climate control worked well -- in the wrx I had to periodically turn the a/c on and off. The gt's a/c had to work today - ambient was 84-91 degrees and I decided to enjoy the light and pull back the sunshade in my wagon, using the mooroof as a big window to the sky. No problem. I was picking up my daughter and our temperature preferences are quite different. We came back with my side on 68o and hers on 75o -- worked fine. Summary- I'm happy. :D

Glad you like it. The climate control, is a nice feature for the passengers who don't like to be too cold. Other than that, the car is nice...gotta say that the break in part is the hardest thing...hehe. Only got 300 some odd miles on the car...yeesh, another few hundred to go. Only thing I am going to try to change is the tires...it's kinda hard to get new tire dealers to take them off your hands, unless they sell used tires. Oh well, enjoy, and good luck with it. Post some pics, when/if you can. Later, i.

I am still in the process of breaking in my car and yes, it is difficult to keep the rpm's below 4000. Once I reach the 1k mark I will be enjoying my lgt sooo much more. Congrats on the new ride. have fun and drive safe =)

[quote name='inthedeck']Glad you like it. The climate control, is a nice feature for the passengers who don't like to be too cold. Other than that, the car is nice...gotta say that the break in part is the hardest thing...hehe. Only got 300 some odd miles on the car...yeesh, another few hundred to go. Only thing I am going to try to change is the tires...it's kinda hard to get new tire dealers to take them off your hands, unless they sell used tires. Oh well, enjoy, and good luck with it. Post some pics, when/if you can. Later, i.[/quote] What kind of tires are you going to get?

Well, not quite sure about the tires. I am looking at some of the ones that have been posted on the board...and from other peoples' experience. I was looking at the Dunlop SP 9000's, and read at 1010tires.com that certain people were having some issues with this particular tire. Although, I have had no problems with Dunlops that I had on the WRX. Toyo's, as Sube mentions also seem up there...and he always praises them. Found them for as little as 88 per tire, and shipping for all four to my zip at about 46 bucks. Seems reasonable...but then again, I don't know how they do in the snow. Nokian tires are also looking quite nice...but they are a little pricey. I am sure the quality is superb, for the heightened price. Some other members here also like them, but no one has tried it on an '05 yet. Lastly, not sure if I should find a set of 17's or 18's and put tires/tyres on those, and keep the stockers with some nice snow rubber...? NY is unpredictable, and therefore, I may just keep the RE-92's till next spring (although I won't be happy about it), and then obtain a decent set of new rims/tires/snow tires on the stockers. Decisions, decisions... :?:

Archived