LegacyGT.com

Perrin Drop-In or short ram intake?

dr. pepper

i know that with my old car, '03 VW GTI 20th anniversary, i was not able to buy a neuspeed short ram intake, because i drove the car in the rain. was i wrong about driving the car in the rain makes you unable to buy a short ram intake:confused: . because i want to buy a perrin short ram intake, but if i drive the car in the rain, will it be bad? if so, is the perrin drop in air filter any good?

If you plan on leaving everything else stock the Short Ram will get you a bit of power. The power will come thru leaning the AFR's out a bit. Any kind of mods and the SR can make things a bit dangerous. The panel filter will get you a bit of a cool WOOooosh sound. Thats about it though. Rain will not effect a SR as it's still contained under the hood and not exposed to the elements at all.

i may be new to the forum, but not to cars, and personally i would say go with the drop-in (i have the K&N). as for the rain thing, well i'm not sure but i think that's not true...could be wrong tho. a lot of ppl do cold-air and short ram-air mods cause they're easy to do and they think it'll really boost performance. in all actuality, it could potentially be detrimental to your car, because some disturb airflow which gives incorrect readings to the MAF sensor. especially if youre planning on doing something like Cobb's AccessPort, their maps are made for LGTs with regular intake and using something else could really screw things up. i guess you could use the streettuner-type thing, but still, i think you get the point... i did have the K&N typhoon intake for about 3 months, and i noticed no difference except the sound. i took it out cause i went stage 1 with mine.

haha sorry i know there's a bunch of crap in this post you didnt even ask about, but maybe that helps a little bit??

Dont waste your money on the Perrin or K&N..Why chance having your MAF get screwed up because of over oiling. Get a AVO panel filter. They are washable and reusable and dont require oil to filter properly. Plus they give you the nice swoosh sound.

AVO FTW!

Dont waste your money on the Perrin or K&N..Why chance having your MAF get screwed up because of over oiling. Get a AVO panel filter. They are washable and reusable and dont require oil to filter properly. Plus they give you the nice swoosh sound.

AVO FTW!

not really

i've owned 3 perrin products (drop in RAI and Big MAF) and K&N on my previous car and my brotehrs car

never had any problem MAF gettin oiled

i say go with perrin ram

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

My advice... don't buy shit mods that don't really do anything to your car except hurt performance and save up all your pennies in your piggie bank and get stage 2?

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

Not really. Don't waste your time. Save for stage 2

My advice... don't buy shit mods that don't really do anything to your car except hurt performance and save up all your pennies in your piggie bank and get stage 2?

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

+1

Not really. Don't waste your time. Save for stage 2

Archived