LegacyGT.com

Blitz Exhaust System

evams

I'm going to be purchasing the Axle back exhaust system the end of August. I know axle back does not have any performance...its only show and sound. My question is I intend also to do an uppipe and downpipe was wondering if I would loose horsepower...due to backpressure....One of my friends who owns his tuner shop told me it might. I do want to do the uppipe/downpipe then eventually replace the midpiping. Any thoughts. Thanks Peace

You deffinetly won't loose any hp by installing an axelback, in a turbo car the more free the exhaust is the better just about 100% of the time. Even with the axel back you should see about 5 hp or maybe a little more if the car is tuned. The stock mufflers are pretty restrictive.

The blitz exhausts look awesome and I'm sure your gonna love them. Freeing up anything will give you an advantage. Unless your gonna really go nuts on modding the engine..the axel back will give you the cool looks and sound that I'm sure you will enjoy. As much as I wanna jump and get the Blitz Cat Back, I think I'm gonna wait till some others come out like Greddy or Borla. Blitz want something like $700 for a single cat-back for the STI. Lord know what they're gonna ask for a dual.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I had the Blitz catback exhaust both the NurSpec R and Touring on my WRX and WRX STi. Quality, build and sound are awesome. NurSpec R is too loud even with the silencer and Touring is quiet. I might get the Realize TT for the GT. I would do the uppipe and downpipe first before the axle back. It will give you the most gain for the money. Like Kanoswrx said, free flowing is better with turbo. Hopefully the Legacy doesn't have the same issue like the WRX STi with boost creep when you have a high flowing turbo back exhaust.

Archived