LegacyGT.com

How to clean grease of headliner

Not sure, but my detailer just destroyed my A-pillar in an attempt to clean a greasy handprint off of it that the dealership mo-rons left behind last time I had it serviced. The apholstry bubbled and delaminated from the pillar. They are buying me a new A-pillar now.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

can anyone recommend something to clean off some grease on my A-pillar? soap and water? degreaser? help:(

Try a little Dawn dishwashing detergent on a wet sponge. Rub it on then clean with the rinsed in fresh water sponge.

This worked for me--twice !

its some type of automotive grease that was on the car when i picked it up from the dealer. i'll try the dawn route first, then the tuff stuff. if those 2 fail, i guess i have to live with a filthy a-pillar.

jazzymt - that sux! at least they are making good on it.

for light grimey handprints, I have blotted with the pre-moistened leather cleaner towlettes and gotten it all out. But I honestly couldn't say if it was just dry gunge, or greasey handprints.

About a week after I got my car, my girlfriend spilled coffee on the pillar....luckily it all came out. I used oxyclean/water mixture. What is says on the directions for that purpose. It cleans stuff pretty well, and Ive always used it on the carpets in my cars. In a carpet cleaner of course. But you can spray a little on and dab it with a wet cloth, than a dry one, which is how I got rid of the coffee.

Why is it that mechanics must always leave some sort of substance that belongs on the other side of the firewall in the passenger compartment?

Take it from me(an ex-mechanic) its pretty hard some times. Service bay lifts are narrow sometimes and we have to squeeze in and out of the car alot to do whatever. sometimes we accidentally touch stuff we dont mean to. You are absolutly right about it though, any marks made should be cleaned and there is no excuse for stuff being left dirty. Alwasy look over your car befrore you accept it back from the dealer so if you see a smudge have them clean it.

Archived