LegacyGT.com

new front wheel discs + brake pads

GeorgeB

You will be fine with getting a set of new stock rotors. The stock rotors have more thermal capacity than the RB replacement rotors. You are not getting warp, you are getting uneven deposits from the stock brake pads...

Ted

I don't know, Ted. Mine are fine for normal braking - but If I heat them up (long application or several quick hard stops), then they start acting up warped. If it was deposits, I'd think I feel the "warped" feel all the time.

:iam: (to me)

• 2 months later...
I posted this elsewhere but thought you guys might see this. I had the rotors resurfaced and Endless SS-M pads installed. Now when I brake lightly, I get a slight pulsation (if only one hand on steering wheel, it vibrates some). When I brake heavy, it goes away. Is this just normal or do I still have rotor issues? I did seat the pads after they were installed.

I would agree that you are getting the deposit problem - everytime I change out stock pads on a Subie I see black pad imprinting all over the rotor - especially the rear. Thats a somewhat common problem w/ oem type ceramic based pads when they get hot is what i would infer from that. Rebedding can sometimes help it - but the pads will always be susceptible to repeating this.

If you remove the rotors I'd suggest soem heavy sanding with garnett paper can do as much as turning without unnecessarily removing metal.

as a last resor tturn them - but it's painful to watch money being cut off your parts if they don't need it. all you should need is the lightest cut possible to clean them up.

Archived