LegacyGT.com

Htech vs IONs

silverfool

has anyone actually rode in cars equipped respectively?

i'm very interested in seeing which one rides smoother for everyday driving- esp with babies and such. I've heard people rave about both and compare them by their rates but can't find anyone whom can compare the actual rides.

thanks in advance. i'd love to ride in cars so equipped if you're in the OC area and are willing to let a newb sit shotgun.

I havent tried the Tiens, but I have the iONs.

imho they ride as comfortably as stock except over large bumps, where you feel it more in the rear.

otherwise they are a great improvement over stock handling/feel and the drop is nice but not slammed at all about an inch maybe a tad more.

I have IONs, sways and lower arm bars. The ride doesn't really beat me up. Handling is improved over stock, but its still not quite where I want it to be. Around town it decent. At high speeds however, its still a tad squirmy for me. I think better shocks would clear that up.

You might want to consider tien basic's. The word here is that they are very comfortable, plus include matching shocks. Much cheaper than doing springs and blistiens.

yah, cheap coilovers seem like a decent alternative. however i was concerned about rebuilding them when the time comes. do you guys have any idea what the costs would be?

i know that stock struts won't last as long with new springs and if another option for replacing them besides the pricey bilsteins doesn't come around, looks like coilovers become an even better alternative.

Archived