LegacyGT.com

Floor Mat Hook

D-2.5-GT

Well got the car inspected today, and had the dealer look at the floor mat hook that i knocked loose with my foot. PITA....they ordered a new piece to replace it, all free and covered... However, they need the car for a few hours to to fix it...apparently they have to take off pieces to pull up the carpet in order to do it...what a pain...everyone be careful... :roll:

Hmm bit of a strange one but yes I suppose it could happen. If you have your floormat in place, it should be harder to break. Had mine MY01 since new and no dramas, Im sure you will be fine for the life of the car now u know about it. Adam.

yeah, its definetly in a bad spot, hit it with my heel and next thing you know goodbye!... I'll get it fixed, but if it happens again there is no point...the guy at the dealer even said it was a bad design...at least the previous models you could anchor it from under the car, the new ones you have to take the floor mat up...well see what happens...

The hook is a two piece unit that snaps together (knocked mine off yesterday). The problem is that there is nothing supporting the bottom of the piece that is under the carpet (it seems it is just taped to the bottom of the carpet). When I tried to snap it back togather, it would just push the bottom piece further down. What I finally did was use an ice pick to support the bottom pice while pressing the top piece on. I pushed the pick through the carpet a little to the side of the bottom piece, then wedged the bottom piece against the bottom of the carpet with the ice pick. Doing this I was able to snap the top piece into the bottom piece. But yah, it snaped apart way too easily.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='fan42025']Gee you guys must have short legs with fat feet or something :-)[/quote] Not really. It's just in a bad position!!11 :x :lol:[/quote] I actually agree. However, I, like most Ozies (kangaroo genes?) have long legs so don't get a chance to knock it with my foot. Perhaps one day... Meanwhile, how about not worrying about it? I don't recall seeing it on any other make of car. In fact, I prefer they didn't have it - it looks ugly. Does the floor mat move around too easily when stub is broken off?

I have not had any problem with my floormat hook, but I have the rubber all weather floormats installed so the hook doesn't really stick up very much. I didn't like the rubber mats at first, but they kinda grew on me over the past few months. I like how they trap the dirt and keep the carpet looking nice. If the hook broke, I would have to replace it or re-fabricate one out of stainless steel or something. I would not like the mats sliding around underfoot. JMO.

Mine got knocked off last week The other day I remove the trim around the trunk and gas door release and snapped the thing back together. It seems that they have the padding formed around where the hook goes so if the back of the clip does come off the hook then it won't get lost.

Archived