LegacyGT.com

What's your favorite 18x8.5?

Gawdly

Just out scouring the web dreaming of wide wheel goodness. Not finding many options in 18x8.5 that are light weight and come in an LGT friendly offset.

These Koseis aren't bad and weigh in at around 18lbs.:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/kosei/swap/kosei_k3_s_ci3_l.jpg

Though it'd look better with wider spokes, darker center (hyper black or gunmetal) and/or a polished lip.

Anyone have a favorite lightweight 18x8.5?

ssr gt2 FTW. $300/wheel tirerack right now!

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ssr/swap/ssr_gt2_silver_ci3_l.jpg

Nice wheel... how light and does it fit? Doesn't show in options for LGT on tirerack.

Drewster, where'd you get yours in 8.5? I'm half arsed looking around trying to find SSR Comps in 8.5, but it doesnt seem to be a common width for that wheel.
mine came from tirerack, if you specify an '04 STi, the size should show up as wheel option.

Not finding many options in 18x8.5 that are light weight and come in an LGT friendly offset.

Anyone have a favorite lightweight 18x8.5?

If you can get em, SSR Competitions 18X8.5 are about 15lbs...purely rediculous for that size if you ask me...

http://www.tirerackwholesale.com/images/wheels/speedstar/swap/ss_wheel_d5r_ltgy_ci3_l.jpg

only $169.00 each plus shipping around $40 bucks 18x8

I almost got these...got quoted about $1280 from tirerack about a week ago or so shipped with 225/40/18 Kumho ASX for a few bux under $1300 (great price considering the rims are originally $300 each). I then found the exact same rim on ebay and the lip was literally about 4mm (if you look down on the lip with the rim sitting like the pic^, tip of the lip to spoke, not to where the lip touches the spoke...I hope I'm making sense :D) due to the +50 offset.....but these are nice looking wheels!

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I like the GT2. Absent from Tire Rack's site now. Advan RG is nice, but extremely overpriced.. cast wheels for the price of forged.

Umm, if I had the money... I'd go with a Work wheel or something like J-Line.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

^ 18x8.5? +48??

I think the sucky part of having a 5x100 is that I think structurally, it's not wide of a span for a wider and taller rim.. it's just asking a lot of beating on the hub to move such mass... (granted that we can all find a 19" or a 20" that size that proves me wrong, but for performance, I dont think running around on 20" Dubs for the GT spells out "race performance") :lol:

Keefe

What size of rubber you planning on running? I'm looking for wheel now also, but I'm thinking 18"x8" with 245/35/18's.

Good Luck, and let us know if you find any killer deals! :icon_bigg

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

How close will a 18x8.5 with +50 mm offset be? Do you think it will work ok?

It should work with coilovers (Hyper Rev Magazine has photos of Legacy's with 19x8.5" +50mm), but I doubt it will work with stock struts. There is very little clearance between the Bilsteins and the tire/wheel. Also, you probably won't be able to run enough negative camber in the front with the stock struts (without adjustable pillowball strut tops), and the wheel/tire will be uncomfortably close to hitting the tops of the front fenders.

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt8.jpg

The Advans are off of the car until I get my Cusco Zero2's installed in a few weeks, and I also plan on rolling my rear fenders.

-Mike-

Archived