LegacyGT.com

Valet ate clutch.. follow up

Brought the car to dealer..after spending 7 hours on Sat undoing my mods. mechanics notices shudder when letting off clutch. They drop tranny and fly wheel is glazed and according to them slightly out of round. The head of service feels they did some serious clutch burning. Anyway, I am getting a new flywheel and clutch disc. What I found interesting is the service guy says the clutch assembly ie. f-wheel and disc/pressure plate are different on the spec-B than the non spec B legacy. I questioned it and he insists. I will find out part numbers when I get the car back on friday. Cost.. roughly $1200. paid of course by the Valet clowns.

Major PITA!!

rjo

Wow. And I actually believed the guy's story that they forgot to disengage the parking brake. Apparently, they did some hole shots with your car and then made up a story to explain the burnt clutch. The "cover up" would make me even more angry.

30100AA810 DISK 158.07

30210AA510 COVER 173.98

12345AA010 FLYWHEEL DUAL MASS 518.71

Prices are Subaru's list price. But the parts department is wrong about them being different, I looked up my Spec b vs. Outback/ Leg GT- they are the same part #.

tHe HoV

good job actually getting the valet company to pay for damages.. i didnt think they actually give any money.

well good luck collecting from the valet company anyway- If the dont change company names and jerk you around for a couple of years.............

I fully expect to be in small calims court with these idiots. The Driver did admit guilt though in front of 3 witnesses , to his boss and the manager of the rest. No doubt the parking brake is not the whole story.

The owner of the valet company is a true weasel.

1200 can be settled in small claims court. I think its up to 5k. If you go to work make sure you get back your mileage (currently at 48 cents per mile) and any lose of wages from being out of work dealing with this.

Good luck..

Car insurance in an interesting thought, I will look into it. The only problem is you often then get a hike in rates. My deductible is $500. It may be less out of my pocket. Thanks for the idea. I am getting the car back in the morning. And this weekend put my up/wown pipe, TMIC and intake back on. PITA!!! I kind of hedged around my service guy on the phone talking about mods and he indicated they have many customers that do this. I am going to feel him out more when i pick it up . I am getting the impression that they might be somewhat reasonable.

RJO

Archived