LegacyGT.com

upcoming stereo install for my demo LGT wagon, as well as a quick question

16psibrick

here is what i plan to do as soon as i get the car so i can replace my current demo car, my volvo 850 wagon :)

headunit: pioneer nav unit in the cubby...

now the question: i know you can get a single din in the cubby, but do anyone know if they can get the subaru nav cover (for nav option on sedans) and somehow get a double din in there? curious if anyone has tried it...

front stage: Elemental designs EU700 midbass driver/ DLS iridium 2.5" midrange, and DLS nobelium 1.1" tweeter all in a custom built fiberglass kick panel, lined in suede.

rear stage: whats rear stage lol

amps: currently planning either to go with a DLS ultimate A7, or a DLS a5 and a A8

processor: some form of 31 band eq, not sure what yet, i want it on a sliding tray below the passenger dash for easy tuning.

sub: image dynamics IDmax12

the plan for hte rear is to keep it ALL in the spare tire well, and with the stock over in place, making it completely stealthy :)

anyway, if anyone have comments or tips they want to share, feel free to post :) Ibeen doing custom audio for a while now, but never done a lgt before, so i know i have plenty fo learn from you guys :)

thanks in advance :)

b

Depending on how trick (& tricky) you want to get with this, you could opt to install a double din in place of the integerated factory HU. It has been done successfully but requires modding the internals of the factory unit heavily. Checking out your site there I'd think that's within the realm of your abilities. Not sure where the thread is, but it's around.

If you wanted some side work, there are probably 20+ members here who'd be willing to ship their factory HU & faceplate to you for the same mod. There's also some interest in pre-built FG sub boxes for the wagon & sedan at around $250/pop.

Some threads that may be helpful for your project -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26426

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26892

i plan to keep the stock HU in place :) for pruposes of demoing to a customer what a stock system sounds like and what an aftermarket system sounds like :)

i did searc a little, and i read that hte japanese panel would NOT fit since its for a RHD car, but a few members seem to be able to simply relocate the clock, and then just put in a double din that way...tahst the route i am planning to go anyway :)

b

i did searc a little, and i read that hte japanese panel would NOT fit since its for a RHD car, but a few members seem to be able to simply relocate the clock, and then just put in a double din that way...

Roger that

ignore him, he'll go away.

front stage: Elemental designs EU700 midbass driver/ DLS iridium 2.5" midrange, and DLS nobelium 1.1" tweeter all in a custom built fiberglass kick panel, lined in suede.

I'd love to see your kicks once done. There's not much room in the kicks but you have the advantage of having a foot rest next to it...

i will be sure to post pics, it will be a challenge for sure, i would takt eh easy way out and do the midbass in the door, but i really want to be able to keep the stock system in there completely, so i can first play a song on the stock system and then play the ame on the aftermarket portion...

so...its going to be tight but it will fit, you should see the size of my kicks now on my volvo, whcih has the problem of not having a lower door location, i have a set of AVI BSM tri star 3 way comp set with an ADDITIONAL BSM midbass all in the kicks lol

b

Archived