LegacyGT.com

AutoWeek tv...no Subaru

(And how long before this topic is 'moved'...?) Anyhoo, just watched AutoWeek on tv yesterday and they tested a few all wheel drive cars. They were the 330ix, G35x and something else I can't remember...maybe and Audi, I don't know. So, anyone watch this and know how long ago the taping might have been (catch the date at the end?) or thoughts on why Subaru was omitted. It's a category they excel in. I wonder if it's because their pricepoint is lower. Any way to contact AutoWeek tv show to complain and/or suggest. Thanks in advance

hahaha it almost seems like I saw that episode quite awhile ago, so it may just be that the new Legacy wasn't out yet. Otherwise it could have been as you said that they were looking at "upscale" models and haven't shifted their view of the subaru yet. Half the time it seems random or like they get deals on certain cars anyway, since BMW and Audi seem to be in all of the darned comparos. They could also have included a Volvo or Jaguar etc to do awd sedans, so its not like they just left out the LGT. More than likely it was meant to compare the "new" G35 awd when it came out to two of the "classic" awd sedans.

What about the Road&Track, Car&Driver test drive comparo that has been donducted around the country? Doesn't anyone think that will likely become a published comparo test? Pro drivers and average people drivers from around the country test BMW/Subaru/Volvo? Wish Audi was in group. Hard to imagine that an article will not conclude the ride & drive program with RT/CD. Perfect for magazines because they can rave about Subys special AWD/Per while still saying good things about Volvo/FWD and classic BMW RWD. Three great cars, same price, one is best depending on your needs/wants. Be paitient. Whith all the print and TV(CNN-FOX-OLN) non-stop, Suby can get articles when they are ready and they will have some influence on how comparo is structured. I like UK car press because they do not work so hard to fluff their advertisers and they give real opinions about real comparos. NorAm auto press set up articles that are often not direct comparos of cost or function or target market so they can say each car has something to offer.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']I think you can go to their website and {write} in comments. \/ \/ \/ Your wit and humor amaze me :roll:[/quote] grap on yuor speeling. :P[/quote] Misspellers of the world untie!

• 3 years later...

Archived