LegacyGT.com

commercials

here in nyc, i listen to z100 radio station and it seem as every 5 min there is a subaru commercial of the GT, outback, or wrx. it seem to me that subaru is doing some aggressive advertising. anyhow, its hot how they say gt is certified that it goes 0-60 in 5.8 sec. and how the outback is faster than most suv out there even the prorsche cheyanne (spelled it right?) anyhow, i just like hearing the commercials.

They're getting nutty with the tv ads too. I thought it was because I watched too much speed channel, but I'm seeing them on other channels now. I'm happy about it because I want to see Subaru do well, but I don't want to loose the "uniqueness" of my car. Bah, I'm happy with my car no matter how many people drive them.

Its because they are trying to change their brand name into something new. Its a much more serious/sporty/luxurious brand now instead of the old paul hogan style with just marking towards out doors type people. Granted they still make cars for them, they don't really market to them anymore. Really the subaru brand has changed a lot since the WRX came out, for the better I think.

[quote name='kanoswrx']Its because they are trying to change their brand name into something new. Its a much more serious/sporty/luxurious brand now instead of the old paul hogan style with just marking towards out doors type people. Granted they still make cars for them, they don't really market to them anymore. Really the subaru brand has changed a lot since the WRX came out, for the better I think.[/quote] I think the run away popularity of the WRX is a big reason that we have the '05 GT here instead of being stuck with the plain 2.5s. I'd say that's a good thing indeed. 8)

Im not a home improvement buff yet so until then, I chose to fight for the remote! On a side note, I caught another 2 legacy commercials on MTV not too long ago. Subaru Legacy is actually a sponsor for road rules. HGTV and Road Rules, both aimed at the outdoorsie target audience, go fig.

Archived