LegacyGT.com

05 gt wr ltd alarm issue

ptharris

hi guys, great site with heaps of helpfull info :lol:

my question is how do i tell if the factory alarm is working ie how do i get it to trigger the horn?

i have checked to see if the alarm is activated by turning the ignition on 3 times and opening closing the door, it comes up al on in the trip meter. car chirps once when armed and twice when dissarmed, but how do i get the horn/ siren to sound

thanks phil

the first question is, does the car have the "motion" detector? Look for a large box underneath the passenger seat.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

The test described in your owner's manual cites arming the system (locking and closing all doors) and then dropping your hood (already open, of course) from a height of 6-inches.

Your horn/alarm should respond.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OK, let me try again. Do you have an SHOCK SENSOR? This is an OPTION on the car. Check your invoice or look under the passager seat. The unit is a large black box onderneath the drivers seat. If you don't have one then you do NOT have intrusion detection.

I would not reccommend the factory option. It's designed to detect gross intrusion only and then only in limited circumstances. Get an after market alarm!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

^ +1 to robinlsb - Sorry! :) I totally forgot that my "test" was for activation of the factory shock sensor....my apologies! :)

Lock yourself (w/ alram on) in the car and open a door?

How then, do you turn it off?

^ Your keyfob will turn off the alarm. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OK, let me try again. Do you have an SHOCK SENSOR? This is an OPTION on the car. Check your invoice or look under the passager seat. The unit is a large black box onderneath the drivers seat. If you don't have one then you do NOT have intrusion detection.

I would not reccommend the factory option. It's designed to detect gross intrusion only and then only in limited circumstances. Get an after market alarm!

justed looked, no it doesnt have the shock sensor, are these avaliable from subaru dealer easiler? phil

Archived