LegacyGT.com

best noob track car

panamajack

The 1.8L motors in SpecMiata have restrictor plates- so the 1.6L (90-93) have been very competitive (because they are allowed to be lighter too). But the cars are supposed to be similar performance wise.

For SpecE30 is it not the same? Or would a 325 run in a different category?

tom :)

The 1.8L motors in SpecMiata have restrictor plates- so the 1.6L (90-93) have been very competitive (because they are allowed to be lighter too). But the cars are supposed to be similar performance wise.

For SpecE30 is it not the same? Or would a 325 run in a different category?

I forgot the difference between SU and SO, but from what I remember, you can run either motor, just not the M3 motor. So it would be pointless to run the 1.8L instead of the 2.5L

Keefe

Hondas and Miatas.

FWD Hondas are fast. Ridiculously fast on track with just a little prep. They are light, reliable, and handle very well with any decent setup. You can embarass a lot of high dollar cars, and you learn how to stay on the throttle, that, or you drive really slow.

Miatas are great too, if you can find one that isn't too rusty (inside the gas tank) or beat up.

E30 325is? Meh. I love E30's, but I'm not sure that I'd recommend one as a first track car. Don't get getting all bitter saying I hate BMW's. I had a J-stock prepared E30 M3. I think you can do better for the money.

Warren

Archived