LegacyGT.com

New '05 GT won't start...then does

Wondering if anyone has any insight into this problem. I have a new '05 Legacy GT with less than 2000 miles on it. Everything seems great except for twice (including this AM), I've gotten into the car and turned the key and the dash lights, etc have come on, but NOTHING'S happened with the starter. Turned it off and on again 3-4 times and the same thing.

So, both times I get out of the car, lock and unlock the door, get in and boom it starts perfectly on the first try.

Is this a security system issue? It's like my immobilizer is keeping the engine from starting from time to time. No other problems starting except for these two occasions.

Thanks for your help.

Justin

having the shifter in neutral ain't gonna do it for ya, you

must depress the clutch first ( read the owner's manual )

safety mecanism? yep, most definitely so, there is a

workaround/mod if you do plan on installing a remote

starter tho'...

You guys are serious? If it's as simple as that, thank god for these forums or I'd have taken it to a dealer and looked like an idiot.

Some kind of safety mechanism?

Yup, it's so you dont try and start it while in gear... that would suck. sometimes i don't fully have the clutch peddel pressed all the way and im like "what the?!, my cars not starting" and then i realize the peddel isn't fully pressed. well hope this resolved ur issue... if it didn't :icon_surp:iam:

Archived