LegacyGT.com

2.2L Performance Clutch?

zadok

I searched, but didn't find a clear answer.

Does anyone know what clutch will fit my '99 legacy 2.2?

I'm looking for something greater than the stock Exedy replacement.

Probably something with an stronger pressure plate, but still streetable.

I'm not looking to race it or planning on doing many HP upgrades, however, I do want it to grab when I tell it to, unlike the slipping piece of crap I have now.

I had a SPEC stage 3 in my SR powered 240sx, and that was barely good enough, but I don't plan on beating my legacy like I did my 240sx (drifting). Thats why I don't think I really need a stage 3 clutch, but maybe I'm wrong.

Guys, please give me your input on the clutches you have and how they feel.

Thanks,

Jason

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

WOW, I must be the only one out there that wants something better than stock?

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

Thanks for the help guys!

I found out on my own!

For all of those who need the same info, the 2.5L and the 2.2L clutches are exactly the same according to the technical service staff at Exedy USA,

("Thank you for the inquiry. For your model, 2.2L and 2.5L clutch set up is interchangeable. So you can use 2.5L clutch. We have stage 1 clutch which is OEM style facing but high performance facing, higher damper torque and heavy clamp load set up. the part # is "15801". It is a kit and it has clutch cover, disc, release bearing, pilot bearing and pilot tool for assembly. It has approx. 40% higher clutch torque capacity than OEM stock clutch, and should work good.")

And here's the link to the Subaru cross reference info from Exedy USA: http://www.exedyglobalparts.com/catalogs/product/Section%201%20-Applications.pdf

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

- Jason

Archived