LegacyGT.com

Almost there

tasdisr

I am almost ready to pull the trigger and purchase a Legacy GT sedan. My only concern is the fuel mileage of the car. My current car, an Acura TL with 260HP gets about 20 mpg in city driving and 29-30 on the highway. I have read some of the posts on this site and it seems the GTaverages 19 in the city and only about 23 on the highway.

Lets be honest, most of us aren't buying this car for the fuel rating. If that was such a big deal you could buy a hybrid and get like 60 mpg. Get the LGT, trust me you won't be dissappointed...and i guarantee you will have a uncontrolable grin on your face every time that turbo hits... :D

tasdisr, I imagine it would be the same as your TL- to me, VTEC is like a turbo- stay away the VTEC rpm point and you get fantastic mpg but you get no power. Go past the VTEC point and you get a surge of power and the mpg plummets. If that's a concern, then get the 2.5i... I think they can get 30mpg mixed.

[quote name='wunderkind']please don't buy this car instead get a TOyota Prius or Honda Insight. Heck even an Echo or Smart may be your cuppa tea.[/quote] Don't be an ass this car does get unreasonably bad gas mileage for such a small engine which is a little dissappointing but oh well. I figured if thats the worst thing about it I can live with it.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I do not need or have any desire for a Prius, Insight etc.. I do want a decent level of performance and mileage in a car and that is what my current car gives me. I just want to make sure the GT is comparable. I know some mileage is lost because of the AWD.

Better still, you could always walk! The mileage in the GT is very good for a car its size and power. It may be a little more expensive on the juice but the seats sure beat the ride on the train or bus. Best of luck with yr decision. Adam.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I get about 18.5-19.0 MPG average on my weekly driving, which entails mostly in town, with short 45 and 55 mph sprints. That's good enough for me, especially in a car this speedy. If you want 60 mpg, don't expect to have this much fun.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not expect the GT to get better than 17-19 mpg in city driving. I was more concerned with highway driving. My car is usually the one we take on any type of trip and I just wanted to make sure that it will it at least get 25-26 mpg in hwy driving. From what I have read here and on Edmunds that would be about right for the hwy.

With the GT, my first fill-up (at 291 miles) averaged 22.6 mpg (computer said 21.5). This is about 95% local and some excursions to 4k (5k rpm 1st gear once). Recently, I've started driving more highway and the computer says 23.8 ish (for all mileage) and 22.4 ish for just the recent miles. This includes however some aggresive highway speeds (and random downshifts to 4th gear to help breakin).

Archived