LegacyGT.com

Nav - Video switch to add DVD, Rear Cam ect...

scans007

I've been talking to the guy at AV (Sam) since I sent you the link. I sent him some pictures of our Nav unit and it's the same unit as the B9 Tribeca so his plug and play unit will work with our cars as well.

His budget setup is exactly what I need but I would really rather have an S-video connection than the RCA/component. I asked him if is planning to offer a budget system with S-video and he is not. They are working on developing a module to adapt the touch screen controls but he can't even give an ETA at this point.

I got most of the PC components picked out for my buidup, I just hate to spend more on the AV swtich than I do on the actual computer for the car.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanx man........post the pictures you took, I'm just curious.......:D

I'm at work so I don't have access to them. I'll throw them up later. They're pretty bad, there isn't much room under that seat, but you can see what's on the back of it compared to the reference picture of the B9 system he sent me. There's a large flat round plug that his unit plugs into between the screen and the navigation system and that's how he intercepts and add's the signal.

Anyone ever done any comparisons between 1 wire component/RCA input and S-video? I was screwing around plugging my laptop into my 57" HDTV the other day and the S-video looked clearer but that's not really an apple to apples compairson with a 7" screen in a car.

Kewl.......

S-Video should always give you a better picture if you don't scimp on the cable.....

Like you said......The question is will it matter on such a small screen.......my guess is not to a "normal persons" eye.....

Damn, Sweden! I didn't know that there was much of an international community here. If you do purchase a unit, please let me know how it works out for you. You might also want to compare your unit to the pictures below to ensure the EU version isn't different from the US unit.

Here are those pics I talked about before.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16470&stc=1&d=1143680704[/url]

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16471&stc=1&d=1143680704

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16472&stc=1&d=1143680704

Picture suck, I know but you can see that the plugs are the same. They told me that the unit comes with about 3 feet worth of wiring so you would have to mount it close by. I'm thinking under the passanger seat with the computer in the trunk.

LegacyNav1.thumb.jpg.5e45dffdd14f1c359a1cac79b14ff037.jpg

LegacyNav2.thumb.jpg.84b7d28be80c6de399f87082aac7a54a.jpg

Behind_Nav.jpg.bb23ecdaf049f0b0415a0fd16a8290fe.jpg

Well, you know us Swedes, were all over the place :icon_bigg . Since our market is small there is always trouble getting the info you need for things so we always search worldwide....

And yes, the navigation is the same. I think that all Legacy with built-in Navigation uses the Kenwood one.

I talked to Sam and now i am just waiting for the details for the payment to arrive....

Will post when i have installed it.

PJA

Nah no credit needed.....the first to get it installed and pictures up......that's who gets credit ;)

I just like to present what I find.:D....plus it was a blind luck find ;) And Sam was awesome over there.....so with the combo of a cool product and good people behind it.....I'd be an ars not to say anything ;)

I'm broke so my install is a ways away ......sigh

I'm keeping a close watch on this one. If it works out, I'm leaving towards a MacMini install with Front Row as the main interface. Looking at using another program on the Mac Mini that will actually permit the use (caller ID, announced caller, etc...) of a Bluetooh phone. In the end this will be a bit expensive but I prefer a more complete solution. Thoughts?

Just updating this post, my package is at customs awaiting clearance. If everything works i should have pictures of the installed box next week.

BR

Patrik

Alright, installed and working. Nothing to it really, very very simple installation. I will post pictures later. So, just order on if you want DVD in your NAV Screen......

Alright, installed and working. Nothing to it really, very very simple installation. I will post pictures later. So, just order on if you want DVD in your NAV Screen......

But is your navigation system the same as ours?

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Did you buy the budget or the full system? Are you using S-video or component? I just want 1 input for a computer but I'd like know the difference between the S-video and the component when compared on a 7" screen. What are you using?

Parrot?

Looks good. Are you happy with the output? Where did you tap for power for the unit?

Looking at the pic, your buttons below the screen are different than the US and we don't have the VOL ADj button next to the CD slot. Hmm.

Hybridandy: Parrot is my bluetooth handsfree, very nice thingie, Parrot actually manufactures the OEM subaru handsfree, in europe at least.

So far i am very happy, i havent got the best dvd player but it´s ok. I took the power from the ones going to the HeadUnit.

Yep, we have a different HU, made by Kenwood.

Oh okay. I just have an in-the-ear bluetooth headset and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't mind an integrated solution with a button the dash but I can live without.

Man, I want a new headunit. That's the only real big complaint I have about my car is the damn radio just pisses me off. It's not bad, but it could be so much better. They have a 12 character display and when playing mp3's, the first 4 characters are CD1 and a space. I don't need to always know what CD it's on! I would like to know what track is playing. If your going to integrate a radio into the HVAC, at least make it a good one.

I've been looking at the pics of the new '07's that just hit the auto shows and it looks like they have a new display and a factory aux-in system. Hopefully I can buy one for a reasonable price and have it work properly.

Also, just out of curiosity, what the hell were you watching?

Hybridandy: he he, i was watching my kids dvd, Lilo & Stitch...

And yeah, the missing aux-in option sucks, i havent come around to that yet but when i have the time i am going to search for the input of the cd-changer under the passangers seat and see what can be done with that (make aux-in). The standard Kenwood protocol opens up fine if you feed the correct pin with 5 Volts but from what i have read we have something called MZ-Bus which is old and not used anymore. If someone had someone on the inside (kenwood) i am sure this would not be very difficult.

Archived