LegacyGT.com

Whiteline adj. swaybar setup question

itsme

Dont forget the combinations that you can do to amplify the desired affect..

Example:

Say you have both bars maxed out to full stiff, but you want more oversteer in the process. "So how can I get that??" Simple, soften the front up or go back to the stock front bar.. or if you are really in a dying need to drift, dont run any front sway bar.

This also applies to increasing understeer by soften the rear.. but remember, a mod like this is really based on your driver-skills and even preference.

That is what happened to me. I shiftened the front too much and it just made the understeer come back.

When I bought mine at Flatirons Subaru dealership, the guy told me not to put them on the hardest settings, without upgrading the brackets because they will pretty much rip your frame, he had said he took a turn to fast in his STI and it had torqued his back end so bad the car was pretty much un-driveable

And that's kind of silly of a dealership telling that "you shouldnt use the stiffest setting".. I mean, what's the point in that?? I run a pretty stiff setup, and the stiffer the better for me, especially in high performance driving.

that doesnt sound right, especially from just a sway bar. I have spoken to many other applications to the point where I was dealing with solid axle setups along with 2 (TWO) sway bar setups.

you can't get any stiffer than a kart with NO suspension. I can't imagine a little 24 mm solid sway can do that kind of damage without something else involved.. or the fact that he used tires that had spikes that dug into the concrete. No R-compound in the world can even put that kind of g-forces worth of grip to make something like that happen to where the car is twisted to the point where it's un-driveable.

Keefe

Archived