LegacyGT.com

Coming from a 350Z (part 2)...

[quote name='Drift Monkey'] If you want to do magazine racing: WRX: 0-60 mph: 5.4 seconds (Car and Driver) 1/4 mile: 14.1 seconds @ 96 mph (Car and Driver) 227 hp, 217 lb-ft Curb weight: 3085 lb 350Z (Track) 0-60 mph: 5.4 seconds (Car and Driver) 1/4 mile: 14.1 seconds @ 101 mph (Car and Driver) 287 hp, 274 lb-ft Curb weight: 3,225 lb The trap may be higher, but the standing ET is still the same (as is the 0-60 time). Though the Z has an advantage in weight to power ratio, in a street situation (stop light) you take your pick at who would take who.[/quote] Yeah but that's mag racing. I was using actual manufacturer's stats, not really mag racing. Also, most people aren't getting 14.1s in WRXs, they're getting 14.5s. On the other hand, *most* people with 350Zs are getting 14 flats. ETs are useless for determining how fast a car is because it's all about launch and traction - and that's it. That doesn't tell you how fast it is from a roll, on the freeway or in any other circumstance - only the launch. That's why you have to look at trap speed to determine how fast a given car actually is. Also, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here - obviously my preferences are for the LGT, and I had a WRX before this. But don't make the mistake of thinking you're going to beat a 350Z - you're not. Not when there's at least a 5 MPH difference in trap speed (or more, if we're talking about the WRX). You might get him on the launch, but the Z will just power right past you. In the rain, on the other hand... :D

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']^ You are crazy I have never heard anyone say they don't like the way the Z or G35Cs exhuast sounds by far the best stock exhaust this side of a Porsche and up.[/quote] I beg to differ :D The Audi TT 3.2 exhaust is the greatest sounding exhaust this side of Porsche, it sounds like a mini ferrari - it's just that good :o But yeah the G35 and 350Z have great sounding exhausts. - Mike

haha - like I said - I did not want to start a heated debate!!! I AM thinking of switching to the LGT. But yeah I have to admit that I have raced a few WRX's (some stock, some modded) - and have yet to lose. But that was not at the track. And most were from a roll.

[quote name='godwhomismike'][quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']^ You are crazy I have never heard anyone say they don't like the way the Z or G35Cs exhuast sounds by far the best stock exhaust this side of a Porsche and up.[/quote] I beg to differ :D The Audi TT 3.2 exhaust is the greatest sounding exhaust this side of Porsche, it sounds like a mini ferrari - it's just that good :o But yeah the G35 and 350Z have great sounding exhausts. - Mike[/quote] On that note (yes another intended pun) have you heard the new VW R32 that thing also sounds awesome and I agree it may sound better then the Z/ G35C. Im not sure if it uses the same exhuast as teh TT 3.2 though since I have not heard it or pay to much attention to the the TT.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

The LGT has to be trappig higher than 95, my 2002 wrx stock was trapping at 14.4@94mph unless you have a slip I think its best to keep the fishing stories on the lake. I do agree that a 350z is an overall winner in a race, its drage coef is lower like .28!!! so its lighter, more aerodynamic and has 30hp more at the crank and probably more at the wheel. But I do challenge anyone in a 350z or g35c to pack 2 carseat with 2 kids and a wife and baggage for a weekend at the beach and do that 1/4 race for the east bound lane on the bay bridge on a saturday morning in less than15 seconds. Can I get an AMEN!!!

[quote name='louie'] But I do challenge anyone in a 350z or g35c to pack 2 carseat with 2 kids and a wife and baggage for a weekend at the beach and do that 1/4 race for the east bound lane on the bay bridge on a saturday morning in less than15 seconds. [/quote] Hmmm, east bound bay bridge... vacation... beach... you sound like a Maryland native! :D

haha - good point, good point. The Z is not known for its room for luggage. But if you are bringing the kids along - then is it really a vacation?? :D (jk) Nice to know the Subie crowd here is cool and shows respect to other cars outside of Subaru!! :)

[quote name='Xaqtly']Yeah but that's mag racing. I was using actual manufacturer's stats, not really mag racing. Also, most people aren't getting 14.1s in WRXs, they're getting 14.5s. On the other hand, *most* people with 350Zs are getting 14 flats. ETs are useless for determining how fast a car is because it's all about launch and traction - and that's it. That doesn't tell you how fast it is from a roll, on the freeway or in any other circumstance - only the launch. That's why you have to look at trap speed to determine how fast a given car actually is. Also, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here - obviously my preferences are for the LGT, and I had a WRX before this. But don't make the mistake of thinking you're going to beat a 350Z - you're not. Not when there's at least a 5 MPH difference in trap speed (or more, if we're talking about the WRX). You might get him on the launch, but the Z will just power right past you. In the rain, on the other hand... :D[/quote] As if actual manufacuter's specs are any more acurate? Just in case you didn't know, many stock WRX owners ARE reporting low 14 second passes, including 14.1 second runs. I don't know how the 350Z guys are doing, but I'd like to see slips. I agree the 350 should win on a roll, as it should, but stop light to stop light (these types of situations seem to occur often), the Z would be hard pressed to keep up. I'm sure the LGT will trap a bit higher than the WRX so.... Just for references, I never ran my 2002 WRX through the 1/4 but I have run the 1/8 mile. I got a 9.0xxx.

Archived