LegacyGT.com

GPMoto coilover boots torn...

warnoldscu

Just was playing with my gpmoto coilovers the other day and found some disturbing stuff with the boot that's inside of the spring... The front 2 were folded up on themselve not covering anything, and when I finally pulled them back down they were torn. The back 2 weren't folded up on themselves, but they were torn... does anyone have a feel for how improtant these things are and what I should/can do about it? Thanks...pics (I know... they're dirty from driving up to tahoe in a storm... the roads get really dirty):

IMG_1589.thumb.jpg.7433acf4e8c80194b9c9fc5d6d223159.jpg

IMG_1590.thumb.jpg.8eb96f2324cb92c5257bd6e726e997a7.jpg

IMG_1592.thumb.jpg.c42f911ad4f840c17121c7fd5f42247b.jpg

IMG_1593.thumb.jpg.66783f50e75fdb79569803380cd8abda.jpg

My boots are torn too. Thats really the only complaints I have about these coilovers.

Also why is there so much space between your springs and the spring seats? Or were you just playing around with them?

The springs are supposed to be tight against both the lower and the upper spring seat. Height adjustment is done through the braket cup on the bottom.

I hope you arent running the coilovers that way your shocks will be blown within a few thousand miles. Which would also explain the mangled state your dust boots are in now as your shocks are probably bottoming out with that much space between the perches.

I lowered the springs so that I could reach the boots... the top and bottom of the springs are tight with the top of the coilover and those two collars at beneath the spring.

So maybe this isn't that big of a deal? Maybe I'll call Rallitek where I bought them and see what they think...

Archived