LegacyGT.com

Rolling down the rear windows completely?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='John M']My 01 Grand Marquis has rear windows that go fully down because of its design. It's got a stationary triangular portion at the back that's impossible to do on a frameless window.[/quote] Is that the one with the s/c?

OK, we all know that the windows don't go down all the way. (I'll spare you the obvious GF/Wife comparisons :wink: How about going up? Is there a safety that keeps the little brats... er.... children from getting their head or neck or arm caught on the 'upswing'? Perhaps someone can test this out. Unfortunately all the kids in my neighborhood are a bit too wiley and swift for easy capture. Perhaps that pudgy one as he gets off the school bus?

I think there is a cut off only when the window cant move up anymore, but dont think there are any sensors that will actually stop prior to hitting something. Rimfaxe, if unable to get one of the local kids, try a lost cat or wayward dog, that could always work.... Adam. :D

[quote name='Rimfaxe']OK, we all know that the windows don't go down all the way. (I'll spare you the obvious GF/Wife comparisons :wink: How about going up? Is there a safety that keeps the little brats... er.... children from getting their head or neck or arm caught on the 'upswing'? Perhaps someone can test this out. Unfortunately all the kids in my neighborhood are a bit too wiley and swift for easy capture. Perhaps that pudgy one as he gets off the school bus?[/quote] I hear Adam is up for being a guinea pig! Ask him! :P

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='John M']My 01 Grand Marquis has rear windows that go fully down because of its design. It's got a stationary triangular portion at the back that's impossible to do on a frameless window.[/quote] Is that the one with the s/c?[/quote] Supercharger? Not yet. I had considered it instead of buying a Legacy but after the test drive I'm buying a Subaru! The blower kit for that car is $4k and results in ~ 13.5 @ 102-103 1/4 mile times. It's shocking to see a Grand Marquis move that fast but I hate the thought of not having traction when I need it. I'm perfectly happy with the rest of the car - it's not your standard old-folks Grand Marquis. My website is down at the moment; will return somtime later today: [url]http://moojohn.com/stealth/mercury[/url]

Archived