LegacyGT.com

LOL!!! GTO is Canceled!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back seat? Fast to get into? What are you on a time relay to get into a car?

It's called rain, smart a$$. Maybe you want to run out the the car and jump in....

I don't think that opening the door... tilting the seat forward... pushing the little button.... waiting 25 seconds.... getting the passengers / items in the back.... pushing the button again.... waiting ANOTHER 25 seconds... then putting the seat back in the upright position

Is a feasible issue.

You would be drenched by the time you got done. THAT is what I meant.

Man, I got a totally different view from your statement mccorry. I thought you were referring to all the ladies who you took into the backseat, and how it would have turned them off if it took to long to get into it :)

Man, I got a totally different view from your statement mccorry. I thought you were referring to all the ladies who you took into the backseat, and how it would have turned them off if it took to long to get into to :)

:lol: Um, no... I've been married for 11 years. ;)

I've been trying not to feed the trolls here, but the GTO is a great car. We bought my wife one after looking at the new Mustang (crappy interior, too overpriced when it came out), and not much else since there wasn't anything else like it.

She absolutely loves the car, and I have to agree with her. The interior is very comfortable (we've gone across country in that car with no butt falling asleep syndrome) and very supportive in the twisties, and the instrument cluster is excellent - the three LCD screens built into it can be reprogrammed with a USB cable connected to the OBDII port. Need oil pressure? No problem, program it in! You can also replace the radio - if a Blaupunkt isn't enough for you.

I can go on and on, but really, it's a 400 HP car that handles like a BMW. What the hell more do you want? If you do want more, twin turbos and 800 HP for $4000, or supercharger and 600 HP for $2500.

You folks know where my loyalties lie as I own a Legacy GT - but we almost ended up with two GTOs as the price for the two cars was about the same at the end of '05. What more can I say?

See you guys in the new GTO in '09.

-Ryan

Thought about a GTO, given the bang/buck ratio. Concluded that:

-it's a GM: minus 5 right there

-it's a 2-door: had enough of 2-doors - wish someone made a sporty 4-door

-RWD not bad in northern Cal, but not great for Tahoe, etc

-small trunk (not enough cargo room, when trading in our Explorer)

-questionable reliability, given it's a GM and first year model (we needed a car in Jan '05)

-would have been nice for power/speed, the reprogrammable dash sounds nice.

Just didn't fit our needs well. And now, with baby #1 on the way, it would make even less sense.

HV

My opinion on the GTO and why it failed, im sure, its a good car, nice engine, good handling, but an Sti can easly out handle it. It was quickly put together and had little thought behind it. It came out at the exact wrong time when the retro look was in with the new mustang and it didnt look anything like the orginal goat. Had i been given the option of a warmer climate than nebraska and lower gas prices, i might have considered getting one. However the legacy was just to good to pass up :)
I love my car ... basically.

Archived