LegacyGT.com

oil leaking on our 06 legacy 2.5i ltd?!?!

soobiesvx93

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but here it goes. Our legacy has 4,100 miles on it. Purchased in september of 05 brand new from rye subaru here in new york. Its my moms car and she drives very carefully and very slow. She backed the car out of the garage yesterday and i said WTF?..i saw a puddle of fluid underneath. I went to go look and it was oil. I checked the dipstick and there was hardly any oil on it...so i put some in and sent her on her way. I would assume the dealer would have to fix anything for free since the car is brand new and under warranty right? Why would something like this be happening to a brand new car? :iam:

Yeap the dealer should be able to repair that under warranty.

Like every product... there are bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch. It's dissapointing that the bad apple had to be yours though. I'm sure the dealer will be able to fix that up without a problem.

Thanks for the speedy reply peter. I took a look in the engine bay and everything is as clean as a whistle. I would imagine i would have to take the underbody cover off to notice anything leaking underneath though right? We had the heater working on our 1 hr trip back home from NJ yesterday and at a stop light we could faintly smell oil burning. I am curious to know what went wrong. The first service is due at 5k but I told my mom to call subaru in the morning and set up an early appointment and tell them the oil is leaking. I wouldn't want her driving a car with any fluids leaking. I know what bad oil leaks are...i just did the front seals on my SVX..thank god no more leaks with that one! =)

Recent oil change with a recalled filter?

+1. I forgot about those, I've been using Purolator filters since day 1.

Yes, Subaru had some bad filters in circulation for a period of time. The problem with them was that they wouldn't seal well and oil would leak past the rubber o-ring. Call the dealer tomorrow, and make an appointment asap. Maybe you had a bad filter from the start.

Either way, you should get that leak looked at.

Well we called the dealer....dealership sounded sooo concerned they wanted us to bring it in right away. But my moms at work so im bringing it in tomorrow morning. The people at Rye Subaru/Ford are wonderful. We have had a very pleasant experience so far dealing with them. Our salesperson said not to worry about a thing as the car is covered by the warranty. They asked me what kinda suby i had and i said an SVX and they said SVwhat? LOL

Yeah me too...hopefully this time it won't leak. I'm so used to checking oil and the likes because my SVX used to leak oil and ATF from the power steering. Finally got that resolved but being that engine oil is the most important thing to a car i check it very often.
could it just be n00b error? :D

Archived