LegacyGT.com

AVO pod install questions

SpudGT

I have seen a couple other threads where folks have installed the AVO pod and it seems that most just use double sided tape to hold it down. I just got my AVO pod on Monday, and all of a sudden it isn't clear to me where to put the double sided tape.

The large area that touches the A pillar seems to be the only place big enough for tape, but I really don't want to try doing that because the pillar is covered with fabric.

I pulled out some small plywood (used on model planes) and tried to fashion some mounting plates that could be used with double sided tape or velcro. The plates are epoxied in place, seems to be pretty strong. I haven't tried to mount it yet ... what have you guys done?

Here are a couple quick pics, the blue painters tape is just protecting the pods finish while I hack on it.

pod-1.jpg.e6d3ce1d07875807385fa17313edc3ad.jpg

pod-2.jpg.7d9f0f04dcb0f66ff01f4dceb5895687.jpg

That is a great idea. Steve (mccorry) and I talked about this after installing mine. We used some double-sided tape over the goo, because it is goo :lol:

But without something to hold it down on the opposite side, it vibrates. I am still trying to figure out how to secure the other side now that it is mounted...

Ted

:spin:

Archived