LegacyGT.com

Price difference when buying near the end of the month

meythodrider

I've heard countless # of times that if you buy a car at the end of a month, there's an increased chance that you can negotiate a better price. Anybody know how much of a price discount is likely?

Trying to decide when to buy... thanks!

That statement is somewhat true. Salesman get paid on how many cars they sell in a month so at the end of the month they're pushing to sell more cars. They just might work a little harder at the end of the month to get you into the car you want.

I got a good deal on mine and I purchased mine toward the end of the month. My sales man told me he hadn't moved a lot of cars that month and I guess he really wanted a sale.

But I'd like to think that he was just really awesome and hooked it up!

"Step money" is another factor....but typically, you'll need someone on the inside to look this up for you - to see how close the dealership is in terms to meeting their quota. :) If they're only a couple of vehicles away, they'll be more receptive to being pushed for a killer deal.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived