LegacyGT.com

LGT buyers in the DC area - Price Paid

ssaldana

Don Beyer Subaru off Route 1 in Alexandria gave me a great deal on my new legacy. '05 Legacy GT 5spd Manual Performance Group 1 - (Short throw shifter, STI pedal set, All weather floor mats, momo shift knob) Perimeter Alarm $24980 before Tax Tags and Processing A subaru dealership in Harrisonburg and Richmond quoted me for a new '05 lgt manual with absolutely no accessories for $24000. I opted for the higher price at Beyer because they were very loyal to me, the closer proximity to my home, the additional options, and no 6-8 week delivery wait. If I remember correctly, in Harrisonburg there is no processing fee, so essentially you save around on avg $100. Prices outside of Nothern Virginia will be slightly less because dealerships up here have to pay an additional advertisement fee to Subaru for each Legacy sold. Just trying to give you guys an idea of what to expect in buying a Legacy in the DC Metro Area.

yeah, do dealers actually pay for the destination charge? I spoke to a dealership in Richmond about picking up the car in La Fayette and he said either way they will be charged the destination charge, though later on I found out Subaru wont even let you drive it off the manufacturer lot.

[quote name='DSattler']Fitzgerald ([url]www.fitzmall.com[/url]) has them for a couple of hundred under invoice.[/quote] Has anyone ever bought from Fitzgerald before? If so what was the experience like? Anything that threw a red flag?

I haven't bought from Fitzgerald, but I know someone who has, and he had nothing but good things to say. We almost bought a Toyota there, but the local dealer came close to the price and threw in eight years of free oil changes. The Fitzgerald guy (only spoke to him on the phone) was great, though, offered to bring the car and paperwork so we didn't have to travel an hour to get to him, great price, no pressure, very honest.

[quote name='DSattler']I haven't bought from Fitzgerald, but I know someone who has, and he had nothing but good things to say. We almost bought a Toyota there, but the local dealer came close to the price and threw in eight years of free oil changes. The Fitzgerald guy (only spoke to him on the phone) was great, though, offered to bring the car and paperwork so we didn't have to travel an hour to get to him, great price, no pressure, very honest.[/quote] Good to hear. The prices there look too good to be true, which normally makes me a little wary.

[quote name='GT Ski'][quote name='DSattler']I haven't bought from Fitzgerald, but I know someone who has, and he had nothing but good things to say. We almost bought a Toyota there, but the local dealer came close to the price and threw in eight years of free oil changes. The Fitzgerald guy (only spoke to him on the phone) was great, though, offered to bring the car and paperwork so we didn't have to travel an hour to get to him, great price, no pressure, very honest.[/quote] Good to hear. The prices there look too good to be true, which normally makes me a little wary.[/quote] If I had not ended up buying from Dulles, I would have bought from FitzMall. Larry Bowman was quite easy to work with during the short process.

• 3 weeks later...
Legact GT Limited wagon, a couple of options, at invoice, Rissel Subaru, Catonsville (just SW of Baltimore). An accessory I wanted that wasn't available when I bought (subwoofer) at cost when it came in two months later. Also dealership offers coupon book for oil changes for eight years for $199, they gave it to me for $149. Great, great salesperson, no pressure, knew his stuff. Liked the new legacy/Outback so much he leased an Outback soon after I bought my Legacy in June.

Archived