LegacyGT.com

Squeaky Brakes

pliptheshevanel

My '00 LGT is producing HEAVY brake squeaking. Sometime's it doesn't make any noise, and when it does make noise, it's only at slow speeds. It sounds like it's coming from driver's side, but I'm not sure. When I turn the steering wheel left, it gets worse, right makes it stop. I also checked the brake pads, and they are all new. The dealer where I got it 2 weeks ago told me it was the pads just settling in, but I don't know? Any help?

Mine is doing the SAME thing. Doesnt happen all the time. Brakes work fine. They squeel more than half the time, unless I step on the brake hard. From 30mph and less, it almost ALWAYS does it. Higher speeds it doesnt happen.

I brought my car into subaru a couple weeks ago, and they cleaned them up and said it was dust. It was fine for about an hour. The next day it was squeeking almost worse than before.

My fix is:

Rotora BBK, will be here tomorrow. That should solve my problem. I only ordered fronts for now, but the squeeking is only the front brakes, and it switches sides as i am slowing down. So both are doing it.

Well I took it to the dealer today and they sent me to a tire service place. I ended up waiting 2 and a half hours for them to "clean" my rear rotors. They didn't squeak at first, probably because it was raining and roads were wet. But tonight, back to the same old 20 MPH and under squeak. Ugh!!!!!

Archived