LegacyGT.com

Got a Tint Quote

Brandon-K

I was quoted $300 today for my Legacy. The tint is 38% Llumar Ceramic tint, but I think its too high. I'd pay $300 for Huper, but I'm really having a hard time paying that much... I dont' know much about Llumar other than its a well known brand, so I'm not the least bit worried about purple. I also wasn't there in person so I don't know how they handle dot matrix frames, etc. I assume they don't try any special techniques.

The shop is respectable. They actually did my last car, but it bubbled a little around the edges. Not enough to bother me on that car, but I'd be up there every day with this car (I actually like this car).

Should I cancel my appointment? I'm gonna call the competition tomorrow and get a quote (they did my first car and it looked great), but I know they don't carry huper either. I tried asking huper where the nearest dealer was, but they never got back to me. Does anyone know any near St. Louis? I'll drive a little for it...

:iam:

Yeah that's a lot......

I got mine done for 225

For a ceramic tint? That seems low. My car (OB w/7 windows & sunroof) was $230 for a metalic tint. While the guy was doing it, he was talking about the ceramic tint he was going to do on his car, which depending on the film ranges from $400 to $650 for an install.

I think $300 is a pretty good deal and Llumar is a perfectly reputable film, but it sounds like this guy did a crappy job on your last car...not a good sign. My tinter has been tinting for 20+ years and I brought it in on a Saturday so I just hung out in his shop while he did the whole thing. Plus, lifetime warranty on bubbling or fading with free replacement.

From what you're saying about this tinter, I'd shop around for a better guy if I were you.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Archived