LegacyGT.com

Just Bought Sirius - Cubby Question

paulmlac

I just bought a Sirius XACT Visor.

Pretty good unit, fits in the cubby, & transmits wirelessly to the stereo much better than I thought.

Now for the question - I would like to get the cig lighter power cord & antennae cord coming out BEHIND the cubby rather than coming out the front (& then tucking into the trim). Can the cubby be pulled out to make this hapen? Is it easy or do I have to remove some portion the entire dash? How do I do it? etc, etc, etc?

Thanks for the help!

like boulderguy said -- it pulls right out, just yank on it. -- once it starts to come out though, keep in mind thier are wires plugged into the back of it, so remember to disconnect everything before really pulling it out.

You'll need to drive a small hole to pull the wires out through - i used a drill to make the hole and then got it to size using a dremel and some sandpaper.

I installed that same receiver in my wifes Acura. It went in a single din pocket and the IR sensor on the top was blocked. FYI, you can take it apart and relocate the IR sensor to the front with a few wires and a dremel. Now she can use the remote for direct channel access a little easier.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived