LegacyGT.com

Bad Power Steering Pump

[quote name='icehousewvu']Soldon, Sorry to hear that you are continuing to have trouble with your PS pump. To be honest I'm not so sure that mine isnt leaking again, the fluid level always appears to be somewhat low....I plan to check it out as soon as my car comes back from the body shop, which unfortunately looks like it wont be for atleast another couple of weeks (was involved in a hit and run whereby an 18 wheeler started to jackknife and his trailer swung out and smashed up my car)....Keep us posted. cheers[/QUOTE] Took it to the dealer the other day. Said the pump was fine but the "rack" that connects the PS pump to the steering (??) was leaking. They ordered a new one and topped off my fluid. I will get it changed next week. I'll let you know how it works out.

I filled my fluid up when I noticed when I got the car.. drove it in a few autox, and it went down some.. filled it up to "HOT MAX" and it was fine.. 16,000 miles and no leak, car is fine.. I do noticed the steering is slow with larger and wider tires and a LOT SLOWER when you change the camber. Keefe
Keefe

Archived