LegacyGT.com

Category madness...

WeThree

This isn't really a complaint or a suggestion, just a note of something I'm seeing that I think might be a bad trend in the long term... I originally posted this thread to the '2005 Subaru Legacy' section, "The place to come and talk about anything related to the 2005 Subaru Legacy.": [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=2385[/url] Now a mod has moved it to "Wheels/Tires" -- "Looking to find a new set of summer tires? How about new shoes for your ride?". Call me silly, but I think the original spot made more sense. The wheel/tire forum seems to be more of a place for "what kind of tires should I buy, will these wheels fit, lets see your wheels" etc. I don't think someone looking for information on the problem I was having would look there. Afterall, it seemed to be coming from the wheel studs, so shouldn't it have been moved to powertrain? But then again the studs are right near the brakes, so maybe the Suspension/Brakes forum? Maybe you're beginning to see why posting it to the general forum made sense? Anyway, my point in sending this message is that this forum is turning into a pretty useful resource, just don't get too carried away with the forced categories... if you're going to do it, at least do it in a way that makes sense.

Unfortunately the 'Subaru Legacy' has become a dumping ground for any and every post and its out of hand. I realize that every topic is related to 'Subaru Legacy' but if another forum makes more sense, a mod will probably move it. Technical topics will get moved to the technical forums, the wheels and tires forum isn't just for aftermarket questions, its for anything and everything wheels and tires. I'm sorry if this isn't completely obvious, but I agree that your post best lives there. Please don't take offense to someone moving your topic, it's only done to keep things organized for members to find related topics.

Maybe we should have an [b]Issues & Problems[/b] forum... His post would obviously go there... I see we now have a Warranty Issues & Problems forum, but I find the name a little off...I think the name should be a more general Issues and Problems, that way we can have a single spot for any problem related to the new Legacy.

Archived