LegacyGT.com

Tein S-tech Problems

brooklyngenius

The popping sound is more than likely due to a rotated top hat. It is only noticable when you pull the assembly off of the car. If the top hat is rotated, you will notice that the spring and the strut piston shaft are not in line throughout the direction of travel.

To rotate it back, you will need to loosen the top nut on the assembly (while taking all necessary precautions, etc, etc....) and then reassemble so that the top hat and the lower spring perch hold the spring in line with the strut piston shaft itself. If you use an air ratchet, make sure that the assembly is secure and that you are not spinning the top hat along with the top nut during assembly.

• 2 weeks later...
okay the source of the problem has been detected. the springs are binding and rubbing on eachother. we are on the phone with TEIN as of now attempting to solve this problem

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

H-techs are not harder than s-techs and they only offer a 1" drop. S-techs are 1.25"-1.5" drop and are more for sport applications while the H-techs are exremely moderate and arent much harder than stock springs.

No I dont know the numbers off hand but I'll try and get them and pm you with those. KYB AGXs are what Im assuming you would want to know about.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

i can't imagine driving LGT with RBS front lip with S-tech...

i scrape that enough with H-tech

anyways, whats the model number on KYB AGXs?

i might talk to this local shop and might be able to setup a group buy

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived