LegacyGT.com

New Springs Noise

Rockets GT

With the help of a few members here on the forum, I installed my Tein H techs on to my car and my Whiteline F/R sways (Thanks again Chris and Billy!!). The stance is everything I wanted and then some. There is a minor problem though and I am curious if this is common or there is something wrong. I get a popping/light knocking noise from the wheel area now whenever I go over a larger bump such as my driveway or parking lot entrances. Can anyone help me out here because I don't want to damage my car if there is something wrong? Are the springs just settling into place?

RGT

Hey Rick, did you notice any more drop over the last few days from where it was on Sunday? Did you get the alignment checked out yet? I'm glad to hear it's "mostly" working out really well. It looked sweet sitting on those h-techs. I'm still a little sore from trying to get those lower strut bolts out. I hope that somebody can tell you what's up with the noise you're hearing. I'll be putting on my sways tomorrow (they're finally arriving) and I can let you know if I hear any weird noises with just the sways on.

Chris

I haven't noticed any more of a drop and to be honest I'm glad because I think it sits perfectly as it is! I am getting it aligned tomorrow during lunch, so while they have it up I'm going to try and take a look to see if the new front sway bar is hitting anything or if it is the new springs. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Rick

It seems to be only in the front and mainly the front passenger side.

That was the same corner where the endlink came apart while taking off the stock sway bar. Shane got it back together by pressing it in the vise. Anybody know if this might be related to the problem? It looked fine and nothing was cracked or out of place (in comparison to the other endlinks). Can you check to make sure that endlink is still intact?

Chris

That was the same corner where the endlink came apart while taking off the stock sway bar. Shane got it back together by pressing it in the vise. Anybody know if this might be related to the problem? It looked fine and nothing was cracked or out of place (in comparison to the other endlinks). Can you check to make sure that endlink is still intact?

Chris

What do you mean came apart??? :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

What do you mean came apart??? :lol:

Kind of hard to describe but the ball that sits in the plastic cup with the rubber boot covering the whole assembly...came out of the cup and the rubber boot popped off. One of the guys there put the whole thing in a vice and very gently pushed the metal ball back into the plastic cup and reseated the rubber boot. It looked and felt fine when we were done. Does that make sense?

Chris

I had a small clunk when I installed my Whiteline sways from the front left side. Checked it and it wasn't tight. Needed another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. It was hard to get it tight until I figured you could put a hex wrench in the end to hold the bolt while I tightened it with the wrench. Hasn't made a sound since.

I had a small clunk when I installed my Whiteline sways from the front left side. Checked it and it wasn't tight. Needed another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. It was hard to get it tight until I figured you could put a hex wrench in the end to hold the bolt while I tightened it with the wrench. Hasn't made a sound since.

Thanks for that tip. I didn't even notice that when we were taking them off/putting them on. We got a pair of needle nose on the small washer in there to hold it still but I can imagine that it very well may not have been tight enough.

Rick, you really should get in there and see if everything is still tight.

Chris

Archived