LegacyGT.com

Weapon R intake for 2.5i

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that final kink before the filter should be straight or kink the other way. Can the section between the maf sensor and filter be turned upside down?

the intake should have a sharper turn off the throttle body and yes before the filter should be straight then turn

...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

hum.... kinda got me stumped. how much did you pay for that intake by the way. is it a mistake on there part? cuz i thought that you said that you called them and they said it would be a direct fit?

i got the secret weapon for 177, the vendor i got it from had made a mistake on the price cause they normally go for around 215-230. Weapon R pretty much made the mistake. I sent some pics to them of the stock engine bay and pretty much agreed it didnt fit once they saw the pics. Heres what the guy told me in the email " Yes I do see the difference. I will call my Subaru shop that sells our product. I will ask him why your model is different."

So i guess Ill be playing email tag till this gets straighted out.

so i guess we are back to square one huh? well that about figures. nothing like giving a baby a piece of candy and smaking him in the forehead and telling him "NO" well i guess i will still continue my search. If you happen to hear anything or see anything post it up in here, as i will do the same.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

yeah but now check this out. Ralitek now has it on there website. i would find it kind of hard to believe that they would put it on there website and it be for something else. like what happend right here. here is the link. it is also for a 05 but should work for the 06.

http://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=616&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP=

I just sent them an email to confirm that it will fit the N/A. So as soon as i get a response i will post the response in this forum.

OTM.

... that is soooo retarded. Seriously, these companies should R&D their shit before marketing them as such. Plus, how hard is it on their part for them to make even a slight modification of the part??? It's just a freaking intake....

yeah i know what you mean. i didnt think it would have been this much of a hassle to get a cold air intake. but i dont know where the guy that posted this thread bought his intake. i am assuming where he posted the link at. but i just so happen to be browsing on raliTek and seen it. so how ever long it takes them to email me back is how long i get something posted from them on here.

OTM.

that really does suck though. kind of makes me wonder then if the MAF housing will work? if it would and wouldnt cause the car to run too lean i would almost pick me up that and maybe an extra section of pipe and route it towards the front. know what i mean?

OTM.

yeah but the bad thing about it is the housing for the MAF is most likely for the impreza too. then you will run into the problem that one of the members did.

OTM.

that is a thought, using the factory maf housing and just adding on a piece before that. *side note* I ended up calling my credit card company to file a dispute. Told them what happened and faxed them all my email responses from weaponR. They told me to pack it up and send it back and they will take care of the rest.

its kind of messed up due to the fact that they are advertising it fitting a legacy when in fact it wont fit it. only the impreza etc... you would think that they would go ahead and take it off the market as being adevertised as fitting the legacy and just advertise it fitting the other models. but they are indeed still saying that it fits a legacy. i have been emailing suppliers and asking them if it will fit the legacy N/A but i have not got a one response back from them. Not a one. so the way i see it is they dont want my money thats fine. i am patient enough to wait for them to come out with something from a different vendor and thats who i will give my money 2. the rest of them i hope they become unemployed. go on welfare. need food stamps. and lose there houses. there cars. everything. and then wonder why they lost it all. and we can sit back and say well if you would have replied to emails telephone calls and just answered some simple questions maybe you would still have a job.

OTM.

No experience with installing that intake but judging from what I've seen here, you are right; it wont fit, and shouldn't be advertised to fit. I took the Blitz panel filter off my site once that was determined by members here that it's lgt fitment sucked as well... I don't have that weapon-R intake on my site, but one were to ask about it, I'd tell them it's not for an lgt by the results ya'll have had.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

i dont know maybe i am just salty that they are advertising it and i know it wont fit, and yet i want one really bad. if i could find another air box i would hack this one up. but i am not trying to hack it up and not have a spare. Know what i mean. i have never had a bran new car before especially one that came out ahead example its 2005 and have an 06. so some parts arent coming out. if this makes any sense. it just seems that there are alot of parts for the GT but not the N/A. Which i find really disturbing. you cant rate a review on something like this not knowing if parts are going to be available or not. This is the only downfall to owning an 06 N/A. I understand the law of supply and demand but this takes it to a new level.

OTM.

The manufaturers will make parts for a market... there really arent that many legacy owners (average ratio of buyers) that modify their car at all, and the ones that do are usually lgt owners... Manufacturers have to justify the costs of producing a part, and the ability to sell that part quickly.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I'm sorry but I dont trust weapon r most shops and people I've talked to say there ok but theres better ones. INJEN, COBB. but I went with (HK fires) idea running a straight pipe from the intake box to the intake scoop. weapon r's top of the line= $180, making your own $5, so choose wisely, or do it how you wish, just intakes on N/A cars really dont make much of a difference unless your runnin exhaust. just my 2 cents.

I'm sorry but I dont trust weapon r most shops and people I've talked to say there ok but theres better ones. INJEN, COBB. but I went with (HK fires) idea running a straight pipe from the intake box to the intake scoop.

Yeah, I can't say I trust WeaponR either. But one thing, if you run a stait pipe from the intake box right up to the scoop, where do you put the filter?

i like the signature. nothing really worth mentioning other than window tint. pretty sick and pathetic isnt it?

OTM.

Yeah, I can't say I trust WeaponR either. But one thing, if you run a stait pipe from the intake box right up to the scoop, where do you put the filter?

you first take out all the silencer crap and tubing to the "Air Filter Box" (that has the air filter in it) then you run a 2 3/4" diameter tube from the air box on top of the engine to the scoop mounted on the front end. Do a search I cant find the links to the instructions, but there is a few other guys who have done this thats how I pretty much found out. HFS fire has done it he has a 02' legacy-I its pretty sweet he painted it and deatailed it up to

Archived