LegacyGT.com

Meet - Cops on 285?

see_obxt

This was a great meet for most.

I was wondering what happened to the group of 15-20 cars that went a bit too far and went out past Baily. I was in the OBXT tailgunning and following three LGTs, driving rather spiritedly with the rest of the Imprezza's etc up front. I started to slow down coming up to the crest of a hill, when I noticed a cop coming up the other direction. I told my son, "I got a bad feeling about this..." A couple miles down the road the cop pulled up on my tail. We were doing exactly the speed limit and the cop tried to pass but he couldn't for another mile or so. He ended up firing up his lights and we pulled over. He then passed me. Then two more cops passed me rather fast heading in the direction of the lead group. I pulled into the highschool and turned around. I said to my son, "the OBXT was under his radar." We then met Damien and several more cars on the route back around Buffalo creek and had a good drive. Thanks Damien on AWDpirates!

This was a great meet for most.

I was wondering what happened to the group of 15-20 cars that went a bit too far and went out past Baily. I was in the OBXT tailgunning and following three LGTs, driving rather spiritedly with the rest of the Imprezza's etc up front. I started to slow down coming up to the crest of a hill, when I noticed a cop coming up the other direction. I told my son, "I got a bad feeling about this..." A couple miles down the road the cop pulled up on my tail. We were doing exactly the speed limit and the cop tried to pass but he couldn't for another mile or so. He ended up firing up his lights and we pulled over. He then passed me. Then two more cops passed me rather fast heading in the direction of the lead group. I pulled into the highschool and turned around. I said to my son, "the OBXT was under his radar." We then met Damien and several more cars on the route back around Buffalo creek and had a good drive. Thanks Damien on AWDpirates!

Lol ya the undercover cop got on my tail for about a mile or so :icon_eek: I thought for sure I was getting pulled over. But for some reason he didnt clock me (he easly could of) or something else :icon_bigg and he pulled off and ended up pulling over the Kia. I asked Mr. Kia if he got a ticket and he said no he just got a warning about how dark his tint was

You must have been saved by my son dropping his speed and driving so slow on that narrow downhill, it allowed for you to make some distance. He could not pass us. I could tell he was getting irritated then he flipped on his lights and we pulled over and he blew on past. It was worth a good laugh.

You must have been saved by my son dropping his speed and driving so slow on that narrow downhill, it allowed for you to make some distance. He could not pass us. I could tell he was getting irritated then he flipped on his lights and we pulled over and he blew on past. It was worth a good laugh.

I think I was!! A good day stayed a good day, im glad no one got any tickets!! Thats awsome, I thought for sure he would call some cops ahead to get their guns ready for some clocking

I had my radar detector on the entire drive, and only once got a momentary alert from the dark unmarked car on 285. I did jump out to leapfrog in one of the passing lanes, and the second I did so did he, so I only passed one car, and got back in. He came up a few cars, but I didn't see him again, thanks see_obxt for allowing us to gain a bit of distance, I'm glad nobody got into any trouble, we were all driving safely on that road.

Yeah...I saw him pull up behind you and then I never saw you again after I saw the unmarked right behind the kia behind me...We saw those same cops again when we turned around...but I didn't notice them following us again...

see_obxt...how was the Springs?

We didn't make it to the springs. After meeting up with Damien, we went down the dirt road to 67 where he got some photo ops and burned off at the road to Sadalia. My son had to go to work.

The cops were definately focused on the other cars, not a stealthy Outback XT.

Archived