LegacyGT.com

Another magnaflow install ( Take 2 )

i have my pictures and i also have two video/audio clips, but i recently formatted my computer so i cant shrink down the picture size and cant load the vid/aud. need someone or something to host them.

but about the install. Removed the exhuast resonator and placed two magnaflow 1827's on the car. it sounds great. as soon as i can get someone to help me out i will get them on here for you all to see and hear. My legacy is a non Broom Broom ( N/A ) 2.5i . Hope somone can help me out soon so i can get them on here.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

This group right here is the pictures that i took at the exhust shop. A good buddy of mine at a local exhuast shop MIGHTY MUFFLER ( 740 ) 773-1375 hooked me right up. They took there time with the install and made sure that both mufflers were ligned perfectly with one another. I am very pleased with the install and would recommend these folks to anyone with in the area looking to get there exhuast done for a very reasonable price and customer satisfaction to the fullest.

Below is a few pictures of the install

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crucifix79/album?.dir=44c3&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I have a stock 06 legacy 2.5i special. stock exhuast with the exception of removing the resonator/silencer. Two magnaflow mufflers part no. 14827. All together the mufflers ran me about $276.00 shipped. And about $160.00 for the install, thanks to the above mentioned exhuast shop. I hope all of the links work, and like i said be patient for the two video / audio clips for they take a couple of minutes to play. Dont know if you will need quick time player or not? Any questions comments please feel free to post up. ALL HAIL THE N/A. DUE TO MY LINKS FAILING A FELLOW BOARD MEMBER IS HELPING ME WITH THE VIDEO / AUDIO CLIPS. PLEASE READ BELOW AND FOLLOW UP FOR SOUND CLIPS. THE ABOVE LINK IS STILL IN WORKING ORDER TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE INSTALL PICTURES. AGAIN MY APPOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED.

OTM.

it def added some to it. the stock mufflers were huge as hell, campared to the after market mufflers. i noticed alot when i took out the resonator/silencer. If this bit of info helps you out any.

OTM.

Dont know if it is just the wireless network or because quick time has to be installed. I have quick time so that might be what it is. This is the only way i knew how to do it other than finding a host for the videos / audio.

OTM.

cant seem to get the links to work......im on a wireless network right now so dont know if that has something to do with it.

Same here, but I doubt it's the network...

Is the sound any different than it would be on a GT? Wondering, because you only have a 2.5i...

did you try high lighting URL and pasting it in address bar? i know sometimes on this site it wont let me open things stating i have to download something else but if you highlight it it should go through. it lets me open it on mine. Ill have to see if anyone else is having any problems opening it up.

OTM.

sorry everyone i was trying to put pics and aud vid cuz i know everyone hates it when they cant hear what someone is talking about. well i tried anyways. maybe davis can help me out so you all can hear it. again my appologies

OTM.

its hard to put into words but ill try it almost seems it is like three steps above the factory exhuast. To me it is not over bearing and annoying. no disrespect to other forum members but most of the ones i listened too sounded like a hopped up WRX exhaust. if you go to magnaflows website you can listen to a subaru wrx and youll see what i am talking about. on the highway i cruise at about 70 mph and around 2800-3100 rpm somewhere around that range. you can hear the exhaust but like i said it is not annoying. i was scared that i wasnt going to get the sound that i was going for and yesterday when the exhaust was put on and i started it, i fell in love. it was exactly what i was going for. i can say this my old lady wasnt all for the fart can theory but when she heard the exhaust and seen it she loves it.

OTM.

Actually it is quite nice inside. not over bearing like i said. The old lady cant get over on how good it sounds. i mean compared to the cat back systems i was looking at and the price they wanted for it not knowing on what it was going to sound like your right. so why spend that much money on something? i was listening to clips left and right and found systems that i liked but it was for a GT. And they had down pipes up pipes all of that installed. i have about $430 wrapped up in the exaust including labor. and now you also know what it sounds like. i thought personally it sounded and looked great. but with all do respect i am the one drinving the car and as long as i am happy with it thats all that matters. i just know there are alot of broke people on this site, ( including me ) LOL. and this was the easy install that i got off of two other members.

OTM.

i dont as of right now but if you will post it up for me i will get the old lady to get some shoes on and go out there and crank it up.

OTM.

Archived