LegacyGT.com

Which exhaust: Autospeed/Stromung? or Other

gibsonsg

I'm losing sleep over which exhaust to get. At this point i like the stromung and autospeed the best. I like stromungs dual tips but am worried they'd melt the bumper and i heard that its real loud. The autospeed can't guarantee fitament with and RSB and lowering. i have a progress RSB and will be putting on coilovers once the snow melts and lowering my car 1-1.5 inches. I guess if i was sure the autospeed would fit my car with the RSB and lowering then i'd go for it. I guess i don't even know it a RSB and lowevring would make that much of a difference anyway. any help and guidence would be great. if i knew it would fit i'd get the autospeed turboback right now. PLEASE HELP i'm definatley new to modding and certainly addicted. it would just suck to spend 1500 bucks on an autospeed exhaust only to find that it would fit on my car.

-Michael

go with the perrin turbo-back???? just kidding-- the problem i would think is the the 'y' area at the rear diff may scrape the ground other then that, if they say it doent guarantee fitment??? because it may scrape or just wont fit!!?? if thats the case f-them.........

Wait till the end of winter. Crucial Racing is putting out a catback. When I first spoke to Jeremy they were going to do the twin tip style...similar to stromung but it was going to fit our opening better and have staggered tips...like an M5 or M3. (stromong is too big and has to sit low). Anyway, Jedimaster said he heard they were moving to an oval tip.....I have an email into Crucial to confirm. I hope not!

Here's a pic of what I hope it will look like:

710772995_GTSTi1lowres006.jpg.83846b470c5cdff8dcbcfdb0f3647822.jpg

Well he was worried about fitment issues. I was goin to suggest he comes here and we would assure fitment. A stock legacy will have no fitment issues, we are in cinnaminson though if you want to come here we can assure perfect fitment.

As far as the lowered car goes, i am hearing a voice from behing saying there should be no issue, so the only thing i cannot be sure of is your sway bar, as i do not know how aftermaket swaybars are designed therefore cannot give you an answer on that without trying it.

Frank

ASP

I'm losing sleep over which exhaust to get. At this point i like the stromung and autospeed the best. I like stromungs dual tips but am worried they'd melt the bumper and i heard that its real loud. The autospeed can't guarantee fitament with and RSB and lowering. i have a progress RSB and will be putting on coilovers once the snow melts and lowering my car 1-1.5 inches. I guess if i was sure the autospeed would fit my car with the RSB and lowering then i'd go for it. I guess i don't even know it a RSB and lowevring would make that much of a difference anyway. any help and guidence would be great. if i knew it would fit i'd get the autospeed turboback right now. PLEASE HELP i'm definatley new to modding and certainly addicted. it would just suck to spend 1500 bucks on an autospeed exhaust only to find that it would fit on my car.

-Michael

Remember it's 1500 (actually i think its 1400) for a complete TBE. If you do just a cat back it's only 900.

autospeed

I'm in northwest Michigan, so most likely won't be able to visit your facility. I don't see how lowering the car would make much difference especially since i plan on only lowering it about an inch. how close does the Y-pipe sit to the stock sway bar? honestly i don't think there would be a problem with fit but i'm paranoid especially since i'd be spending 1400+ dollars and if it didn't fit i'd be SOL. oh and it is a sedan

Wait till the end of winter. Crucial Racing is putting out a catback. When I first spoke to Jeremy they were going to do the twin tip style...similar to stromung but it was going to fit our opening better and have staggered tips...like an M5 or M3. (stromong is too big and has to sit low). Anyway, Jedimaster said he heard they were moving to an oval tip.....I have an email into Crucial to confirm. I hope not!

Is that 3"? it definatly looks nice. I hope they don't move to oval. if i'm going to spend the cash on a new exhaust i want it to look different then the one i've got.

I have a stromung at love it!!

How long have you had it? any issues with any bumper melting or discoloration? i also hear it was loud. are you running a aftermarket DP? i'll be honest though i think the stromung is probably the meanest looking exhaust i've seen.

IF it's close to be'n done and will be after winter..... I'm in......where can I put down the $$ :D

I'm loosing the Muffler battle big time....I've tried, Perrin, Stock, the OLD model lachutes...so far fav setup is Perrin 3' mid/y and stock muffs....

Confirmed from Crucial Racing:

There's no way that will happen :-) .....dual tips on each muffler is the only design I would consider for the Legacy cars...

Jeremy

How long have you had it? any issues with any bumper melting or discoloration? i also hear it was loud. are you running a aftermarket DP? i'll be honest though i think the stromung is probably the meanest looking exhaust i've seen.

I've had it over a year. I have a TXS DP and High flow cat, and headers as well. Look on Scans website, he has a clip of my car.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Shut it.....google the word "Hyperacusis"....thats your problem. :lol:
No using big words :lol:Just because you can make your own hearing aids doesn’t mean its not loud.

Lets be fair, if you were sitting in the front of your house and Boxer was coming over. You would get 1-2 blocks warning. Now Deepfreeze would give you 5-6 blocks warning :lol:

Archived