LegacyGT.com

Bird poo!

I recently had an area of my car repainted, and guess what...a couple days later I get out to my car and a bird had nailed the exact spot. I clean it off as soon as I get home (I only have QD with me, and that has wax in it), but there were still slightly visible spots from it. It's not very bad, but they're there and I can see them. Is there anything in the world that I can do to remove them?

I haven't tried any products yet on the area because I don't want to damage the fresh paint any further.

Too early to wax, that's the issue. There was no wax since it was freshly painted (just a couple days). Since all I have is QD to lube the clay with, what else could I use? I have QEW as well, and I've heard people suggest that it may be possible to use that as a lube for clay.

I talked to the shop and they said they'd wetsand and buff it out if I came by. I may take them up on that offer. I do have a PC too, but only some DACP. I don't want to use anything too harsh on the new paint...

that sucks & sorry to hear, take it back & be like, aaaaaaaa this doesnt look right, what the hell did i pay u guys for....crap, cause thats what i got!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

This shop has hooked me up too many times for me to take advantage of them like that. But, they are going to try to fix it for free even though it's not their fault at all.

It's not just waxing that should be avoided for the first 30 days. You shouldn't be polishing it either. Unless they baked the paint to cure it fast then you run a risk of creating some lovely holgrams in the paint by polishing it too early. This is probably why the bird shit caused a stain so fast. Birds don't have kidneys or bladders, so when they take a dump it is really acidic stuff. You did well to get it off as fast as you could, but I would blame the new paint for the stain. Normally it wouldn't be that bad so fast.

Take up the shop on their offer to fix it for you. They might just give it an acid bath and take the stain out without wetsanding. Since you are dealing with new paint and they are the ones who have to warranty the work, it is best that you have them take care of it. It's good that you have a shop you can trust.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived