LegacyGT.com

Philly Region SCCA 2/18/06 - Ripken Stadium

mtorsani

The Philly Region of the SCCA is having a winter event on Saturday, February 18th at Ripken Stadium. Cost is $25 for SCCA members, $35 for non members, or $25 if it's your first autocross event. It's also best to go ahead and bring a helmet if you have it, otherwise you can use the crappy loaner helmets on hand.

FYI to everyone: Make sure you're there before 8am. Registration opens at 9am, which then closes about an hour later. Driver's meeting is a little after that and racing begins around 10am. You'll want to walk the course a few times before the driver's meeting, so get there early! Also, the format for the day will be some sort of all day format, so no matter when you run you need to be there by 8am!

For more information checkout www.phillyscca.com and go to the Solo II section. A suggestion would be to pre-register so that they know how many people will be at the event ahead of time. Just go to the schedule on the phillyscca website and it will take you to myautoevents.com where you need to sign up and it will allow you to register. This will save you time and help out the organizers. It only takes a few minutes, so do it!

Directions: To Cal Ripken Stadium:

From Philadelphia:

Take I-95 South (Portions toll). Take the MD-22 exit (exit number 85) towards Churchville/Aberdeen. Turn right onto MD-22/Chuchville Rd. Turn right onto Gilbert Rd. Turn right onto Long Drive.

From Washington DC:

Take Either I-95 North or 295 North depending on where you live in DC, through Baltimore and take the MD-22 exit- exit number 85- towards ABERDEEN/CHURCHVILLE. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn left onto MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD. MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD becomes MD-22/CHURCHVILLE RD. Turn right onto Gilbert Rd. Turn right onto Long Drive.

Anyone planning to be there? This will be held in MD but is for Philly so didn't know if this should go in Mid-Atlantic or North East. I will be up there but not running. Hope to see some sick LGT's and maybe get a ride with someone.

nope, I will be at VIR for the HDPE and autox/time trial/practive drift events:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=4437&psrnd=.82218616142688971820617905262414662751

I know, 1 hour away vs 3 hours.. but since I will be at VIR on thursday night, I wont be around til monday.. that's a lot more seat time however you see it ;)

Keefe

Archived