LegacyGT.com

Headlight Question, Please Help

DrewDub2.0

Im new to this forum, ill probably stick around. Heard about it of The Car Lounge.... anyways:

I have a 98 Legacy Outback, and my lowbeam on my Driver's side is out. The highbeam still works. Is it a single bulb set-up? Is it the bulb or the wireing that is messed up?

Thanks for any help.

I think it's a single-beam, which means you need a new bulb. About $10.

Or you can spend $20 and get Silverstars. They last only about a year but they make up for the terrible OEM headlight bulbs this car has. They were terrible in my '96 and they were terrible in my '99 so and extra $10 is not a big deal to me.

What type of bulb is the headlight in a 99 Outback? Also what is the type for the Foglight?

Thanks

headlights - 9007

fogs - 9006 (I've heard SS fogs don't last long)

Might want to double check elsewhere, as Sylvania's site only lists the Legacy.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

Wonder when they changed the design, our '95 Legacy uses 9003's.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Or you can spend $20 and get Silverstars. They last only about a year but they make up for the terrible OEM headlight bulbs this car has. They were terrible in my '96 and they were terrible in my '99 so and extra $10 is not a big deal to me.

Whatever bulbs that were in our car sucked, SS were a nice upgraade. But IMO the headlight design is far from terrible. We used to have a 1st gen Neon, now those headlights sucked. The headlights in my GA aren't the greatest either, but I replaced the useless factory fogs (only 27W) with Blazer 3200 driving lights (55W) and can see a lot better.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived