LegacyGT.com

Got this free

Yesterday I went out car shopping with my brother in law. He wanted to go check out the Outback wagons so off we went to the Subaru dealership. Anyway, he decided that he wanted a Chrysler Pacifica instead (long story, don't ask) but while he was looking at that I noticed this really nice poster of the 06 LGT in the Subaru showroom. I love trying to get free stuff like this out of dealerships, so I grabbed the sales manager to ask him if they had any more of those laying around. He asks me if the one on the wall is in a frame or not, I say no, it's just stapled up. He says if I can get the staples out without making a mess I can just have it for free. So I carefully pull out the four staples in the corner and scored myself a nice poster. One dude who was looking at an Impreza must have thought I was robbing the place since I bolted out the back door with the poster and threw it in my trunk. Been looking for a new picture for my office wall to replace the 3 year old BMW M3 poster I got at the NY autoshow. Here it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/Dotanukie/DSCN2109.jpg

The staple holes aren't to bad, for free I can't complain. I have a poster frame, once it's in there I doubt they'll be all that noticable. This thing is on super heavy stock paper, I almost can't even roll it up. To bad my car is an 05 and not an 06, small detail and no biggie. Sorry, the flash sort of blurred out the bottom a bit. It says 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited sedan. Props to Lohmans Subaru on route 46 in Parssippany NJ, the sales manager over there is a nice guy.

Oh well, I think it's actually an '05 in the pic anyway. I've noticed that Subaru hasn't necessarily taken new pics of the '06s in their advertising/marketing materials. Headlights are usually the giveaway.

Eh whatever, free stuff is always good. Now if it was a poster of a Spec B I could put it up on ebay for a couple grand more than the standard one! I was actually surprised he gave it to me since he saw I had a Legacy and I told him I did not buy it there when he asked, although I did test drive one at that dealership about a year ago. They couldn't compete on price with the place I got my car.

That poster is in the booklet of the 06 that you can get from any Subaru dealership

Really? Is it a full sized pull out poster thats folded up or just the same photo is in there on a page? The pull out posters are folded and creased and even when you put them in a frame it still looks like hell.

I work on advertising for a local Subaru dealership. The image is of the '05 Subaru Legacy.

@ Brady... yup, No new images. I finally got one of the '06 Forester with the new grill about 2 months ago...it's been on sale for 4 or 5 months!

Archived