LegacyGT.com

what does L7 mean anyways?

silverfool

I've tried to search but L7 is too short and doesn't generate any hits. I like the look of the badge but would like to know what it means before I put it on my car.

Here's tip, try L7*. That technique will work for any short phrase like that. Good luck!

That question has been asked so many times that you could probably just search the topic of this thread with the L7* in it and come up with all kinds of results.

Short answer: L = Legacy 7 = 7 companies that form Subaru.

Or it could be LT for Legacy Turbo. The jury is still out on that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

From the Subaru website:

"SUBARU" is a Japanese word meaning "unite", as well as a term identifying a cluster of six stars, which the Greeks called the Pleiades - part of the Taurus constellation.

According to Greek mythology, Atlas' daughters turned into this group of stars. In 1953, five Japanese companies merged to form Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. The new corporation adopted the "Subaru" cluster of stars as the official logo for its line of automobiles.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0212/pleiades_aao.jpg

So the number of stars has nothing to do with the number of companies involved with making Subarus. It is just their icon and it just happens to have as many stars as companies. The six stars on the logo are the six brightest stars in the constellation and are the only stars typically visible to the naked eye. Just compare that constellation with the logo and you'll see why the stars are configured the way they are on it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Here's another version:

Subaru logoThe Japanese name for the Pleiades constellation.Subaru was the first Japanese car company to use a name derived from its own language. It refers to a group of six stars - also known by its original Japanese name of mutsuraboshi - in the constellation of Taurus. We'd know them as Pleiades.

(Text taken from CAR magazine, July 1999. Written by Martin Buckley.)

http://www.cartype.com/images/page/subaru_logo2.jpg

Subaru (In katakana: ???), a Japanese car company, is a subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries. General Motors is a 20% minority shareholder of Fuji Heavy. "Subaru" is the Japanese word for the star cluster Pleiades that is depicted in the company logo. The Pleiades also known as the Seven Sisters has seven stars, the logo's six stars represent the five companies that came together after WW2 to form one large company. While an automotive minnow compared to many of its competitors, Subaru has been a highly profitable company for many years. It is noted for the production of conventional-bodied cars with full-time all wheel drive (in fact, in many markets its entire product range has this feature) and its use of the horizontally-opposed boxer engine (flat engine).

Subaru's best-known vehicles are high performance turbocharged versions of its Legacy (known as Liberty in Australia), and Impreza, which offer outstanding performance and handling at relatively affordable prices. Modified versions of the Impreza WRX and WRX STi have been competing successfully in car rallies and the World Rally Championship for many years. Several endurance records were set in the early and mid-nineties by the Legacy.

Recently GM has developed the Saab 9-2X model, based on the Subaru Impreza WRX, and the upcoming Saab 9-6X model, based on the Subaru B9 Tribeca.

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=220&alph=ALL

OCDETAILS BLOG

didn't you get the memo from tide? "no more bashing on new members!"

Lumbergh: "Mm, yeah. You see, we're putting the cover sheets on all T.P.S. reports now before they go out. Did you see the memo abouth this?"

Peter: "Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I have the memo right here. I just, uh, forgot. But, uh, it's not shipping out till tomorrow, so there's no problem."

Lumbergh: "Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that would be great. And, uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Mm-kay? Bye-bye, Peter."

Peter: "Yeah, yeah, no, I have-- I have the memo. I've got it. It's right..."

http://www.subaru-global.com/about/ci/origin.html

I'm wondering if we are sure about that 7 thing. There are actually way more than 7 stars in that constellation. Only 6 of them are visible, but that article says that 250 stars are visible with a telescope. I know I said it was for the 7 companies that form Subaru, but is that even true? There has to be something more official than ou guessing on it somewhere.

OCDETAILS BLOG

So folks are putting the "L7" badges on their car but no one is certain what it stands for???

Weird...

Ask some WRX owners what blue "i" is for. Most will tell you that it stands for imprezza, but some will tell you that it's the i from STI.

I'm satisfied with the Legacy/7 stars answer. I think a smaller number of people think that it's the Legacy 7urbo, but I really don't think so.

From the Subaru website:

"SUBARU" is a Japanese word meaning "unite", as well as a term identifying a cluster of six stars, which the Greeks called the Pleiades - part of the Taurus constellation.

At least i for Impreza or STi makes sense... but L7 for Legacy and 6 stars doesn't... (How does 7 stand for 6???)

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

From the Subaru website:

According to Greek mythology, Atlas' daughters turned into this group of stars. In 1953, five Japanese companies merged to form Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. The new corporation adopted the "Subaru" cluster of stars as the official logo for its line of automobiles.

Wow either you guys have nothing to do at work or home, useless info I feel like I'm in International policies 4000 level class.

At least i for Impreza or STi makes sense... but L7 for Legacy and 6 stars doesn't... (How does 7 stand for 6???)
The seventh one burned out around the 16th dynasty the ming dynasty I believe, so in retrospect 7 is right. no I dont know, I think this is a boring topic, informational but boring

http://www.shofuso.com/images/sponsers/subarulogo.jpg

ooooneeee... twwwoo.. thrreee.. fooouurr... fiiiiiive.. siiiiiiiix....... ............. ........................................................

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The seventh one burned out around the 16th dynasty the ming dynasty I believe, so in retrospect 7 is right.

What, the guy who came up with "L7" hadn't gotten the news...???

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Archived