LegacyGT.com

Considering gauges. Opinions?

BoxerGT2.5

I did a search and read all the threads regarding them so no flaming. But was debating weather or not I want to mount them on the steering column or in the little cubby hole above the radio. I'm thinkin if I do the cubby hole the 60 mm gauges will not fit and would have to go to 52mm. Well actually depending on the depth of the gauge. Blitz makes the DC II gauge that is 1 in deep. [url]http://www.splittingimagez.com/gaugesblitz.htm[/url] The other option if the Defi BF series which I think matches our current instrumentation almost to a T. I believe I read there is a pod out in japan, but is some rediculous amount of money. So my question is would be the best place to mount them in the car. Boost on the column and EGT/Temp in the cubby?
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

When I get my car, I want to put two Defi BF gauges (boost and EGT) in the cubby hole, if someone creates some kind of enclosure for it. The column idea is nice, but I don't want people driving by looking and wanting to race because they see gauges.
-ben

The Defi BF gauges I believe match our illumination the closest. I was thinkin of mounting the boost on the column and maybe wait and see if someone fabs up a pod for the cubby. Then I could put the EGT and oil temp in the cubby. The defi link controler I was thinkin would fit well in the slot in the glove box were the owners manual goes.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm toying with the idea of making a guage holder that goes in the corner of the dash, like up by the windshield. If i decide to do it and make a mold, that is.

Guest *Jedimaster*
There was a guy who adapted the digital readout on the Forester XT to show boost levels- if someone were knowledgeable enough, they could probably do the same thing on our readout.

[quote name='jedimaster']There was a guy who adapted the digital readout on the Forester XT to show boost levels- if someone were knowledgeable enough, they could probably do the same thing on our readout.[/quote] Link??? I'm sure it requires some hardware design, it would suck to re-engineer the whole thing for the legacy.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like the Perrin pod- but I only need to mount one gauge. Plus, I don't really want to drill the column cover.

Defi BF series gauges are nice, as they match the interior almost perfectly. I also decided that I would like the controller and the Boost gauge...as I can 'add' to it later on, if need be. Cheapest I could find was 200 for the gauge, and 105 for the controller...plus shipping. Where'd you get the ones you got, boxerGT? Later, i.

I was thinkin the Defi Link Display would be nice, if they'd add boost to it. You can hook up speed, oil temperature, water temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and exhaust temperature, but no boost. You could stick it in the cubby hole and nobody would know it was there until you opened it up.

[quote name='inthedeck']Defi BF series gauges are nice, as they match the interior almost perfectly. I also decided that I would like the controller and the Boost gauge...as I can 'add' to it later on, if need be. Cheapest I could find was 200 for the gauge, and 105 for the controller...plus shipping. Where'd you get the ones you got, boxerGT? Later, i.[/quote] [url]www.axronline.com[/url]

Archived