LegacyGT.com

desperately seeking exhaust

Lo4dapack

Does anyone know if there are any bolt-on exhaust options (axle or cat-back) for an MY03 Legacy sedan (BE)? The only one i have found is the SPT (Bosal/Brospeed) axle-back, and for some reason, SPT muffler for the sedan is $120 more than the same piece for the wagon. I heard that Stromung makes one, but i can't find it, and that Prodrive used to make one, but again, can't find it. I guess it just adds to the bad luck of finding performance parts for the BEs.

Thanks

cobb, but I got my SPT for a fair price I thought I actualy found one at a dealership for for the same price as a few websites. Look around call shops and look on random websites you can find one for a reasonable price

it's nice rumbles like a WRX with exhaust with a little deeper tone. second and third gear sound awesome. IF not try a BORLA, my buddy has a 99' LGT and loves it only problem it took longer to put on because it's the right dimensions just not the right fit but he made it work

• 1 month later...

good option!!

that brings up an excellent point though, since they say the same axle back will fit 93 and up imprezas, does that mean that other exhausts for those imprezas will fit, it is confusing b/c on the website, the dual tip under the single tip does not have legacys listed as a fitment option, but the single tip does.

how do y'all get around the lack of a bumper cutout when when installing? just drop it down?

thanks again!

I got a custom-made header back exahaust. 2 1/2" with a high-flow cat, resonator chamber and performance muffler. Set me back about $200 and that is for everything.

Much better doing it custom in my opinion, if you can find a place that will do it for a good price....

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Archived