LegacyGT.com

Door lock keeps freezing

doogdog

Was in an accident in December, body shop had to take the driver's door apart to remove the door handle for painting. They did an excellent job on the repairs and paint, however, in the cold (sub 25 degrees F) the lock keeps freezing. It's been back once to the body shop, I watched them take the door card off and lube up everything with white lith grease. Any suggestions on what could be causing this? Does anyone have a cutaway of the driver's door, maybe some weatherstriping didn't get installed? I can unlock the door only from the inside, the remote, exterior lock with key, and the electric unlock button do not work when it freezes. The only way fro me to get in is bu manually unlocking the door with the slide by the interior driver's door handle. Of course once the car is warmed up the problem fixes itself. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Guest *Jedimaster*
Isn't there supposed to be a waterproof shield that goes over the assembly? Maybe check the vacation pix, but that's pretty common- maybe it was left out in the reassembly.

Why is this in warranty, this is related to repairs done by a body shop? Anyway an update... The body shop took the door apart this morning and couldn't find anything obvious. They're replacing the actuator and door lock assembly on their dime. I'll keep everyone updated.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on the freezing doorlock issue...

Brought it to the body shop a few weeks ago, they couldn't see anything wrong so they ordered a new doorlock assembly, actuator, and linkage. It was installed today. They seem to think that there is a plastic bushing that was a little worn between the actuator and doorlock. They seem to think that when it got cold it would bind up just enough to prevent the lock from unlocking (could always unlock manually). All was replaced today, also the window was adjusted up slightly to prevent my 80+ mph wind noise. Time will tell if this fixes things, I will keep taking it back until they get it 100%. BTW, this doesn't belong in warranty issues & problems:icon_bigg.

Rick

Archived