LegacyGT.com

still waiting for it!

anyone here successfully got their VIN from the dealer? i tried and tried, called and called, but it seem to be a hassle getting it. i really want to know concrete info about the car w the VIN. anyone got their VINs and got concrete info about their cars? im going on 6th week....

it is possible... In NY, it's hard to find the right 'combination' with a GT, since they believe that most people will buy an AUTO. Nothing wrong with that, unless, of course, you want a MT. Therefore, the people wanting to get a MT have to order it most of the time, as it's not readily available. I am still waiting, but I heard from my dealer just today that he has the invoice...so I might just have it within the next 7-10 days...according to what he said. Later, i.

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']You're right about the manual...Im not sure Ive seen a manual on the lots.....[/quote] there are many manual's at elways, flatirons, etc.

This Space For Rent

Its hard to find a manual in the color you want here in Northern VA, near D.C. Let alone with even some of the options you want. I was lucky and found one about 25 miles from me (one of the further out dealerships). Then I found out a fellow Nasioc member was planning on getting the one I bought, just happened to get to it before him.

who ever signs the papers first wins! :D The most i had to wait was the time it took for the salesman to drive to another dealer and drive back...2 hours, because of traffic, at least i got some free service and had to make a bunch of people stay late on a friday...sure was worth the wait though... :D

[quote name='kanoswrx']Its hard to find a manual in the color you want here in Northern VA, near D.C. Let alone with even some of the options you want. I was lucky and found one about 25 miles from me (one of the further out dealerships). Then I found out a fellow Nasioc member was planning on getting the one I bought, just happened to get to it before him.[/quote] No doubt - it was hard for me to find one without a spoiler. I did get an automatic, as the wife forgot how to drive a stick. When I did get my car, it had to be driven up from Christiansburg, and it was Taupe interior, not black. (I wanted Atlantic Blue and Charcoal.) I took it anyhow, since I did like the look of the taupe - classier, IMO. OTOH, the black looks sportier, and shows less dirt....

I got my VIN yesterday, when the car arrived at the dealer (I have been checking their site every few mins!! :P), but the sales guy told me it's not there yet (why do some of them always lie about this?)! He also wouldn't tell me whats pre-installed, but their site indicates that there are $800 worth of options on it (I just hope the fugly spoiler is not one of them). I was going to give $100 to the sales guy but what he has done says he doesn't want it. Oh well...

This Space For Rent

[quote name='llmask']anyone here successfully got their VIN from the dealer? i tried and tried, called and called, but it seem to be a hassle getting it. i really want to know concrete info about the car w the VIN. anyone got their VINs and got concrete info about their cars? im going on 6th week....[/quote] You won't be able to tell much from the VIN, except that it's the car you ordered. If it shows up with something that you didn't order, simply say "Remove it, or give it to me free," and it will come off quickly enough. You'll have many years with the car. What's another week or two? Kevin

I'm still waiting for any info as well. I ordered my 5MT GT sedan on July 16 because I went to 3 different dealers in the area and none of them had any sort of 5MT GT in stock. I called a week ago and the salesman said he has no idea and to call back on Aug 20. One more day I guess... I'm thinking it'll come maybe first or second week of Sept...

I can't believe you guys are waiting that long. If you can compromise a little bit over whether the car has a short shifter or auto-dimming mirror, etc. I have seen virtually every color and transmission choice available on dealer lots, with and without spoilers. I did a simple inventory search of nearby dealers on the web and found the exact car I wanted. I went to the dealer and it was fresh off the truck, not even PDI'd with 8 miles on the clock. I drove it home a few days later. You guys who are waiting 6+ weeks are nuts. I'm sure the car you want is already out there. -Nick

Nick, Whilst I agree with your notion, it's REALLY hard to find a car in the NYC area without having to drive to Jersey, Connecticut, or Long Island...all of which are really not worth the trip. Secondly, when you go to dealer sites in NY, they don't have many (if any) options listed on the cars...let alone the price they are charging. Lastly, it's very hard to find a LGT Sedan with a manual transmission...and trust me, I have checked! There were 3 automatic GT's in the color I wanted...however, I didn't want an auto...so, the only other choice I had was to order one, or drive 6 hours to Upstate NY, just to get a car. Oh well, whether it's nuts or not, at least no one will have driven the one's that were ordered. And, had you NOT seen the one coming off the truck, would you have picked one off the lot? assuming that they had the one that you liked? Later, i.

AHA! The wait is finally OVER!!! The new GT is finally here...unfortunately, could not pick it up today, but discussed the whole deal with the salesman and his finance manager. I will be picking it up Monday...but lemme tell ya...the car looks TIGHT! I got everything I wanted in the car, thanks to some nice haggling...which I love to do. It's part of the 'fun' in buying a car. Without it, I think the experience would be completely different. Gonna be a LOOONG two days...the people in my house think I am gonna go nuts, or drive them nuts. I don't care...bah to them! And yes, I know I will have the car for a long while...just the excitement about getting it makes me ecstatic. Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']AHA! The wait is finally OVER!!! The new GT is finally here...unfortunately, could not pick it up today, but discussed the whole deal with the salesman and his finance manager. I will be picking it up Monday...but lemme tell ya...the car looks TIGHT! I got everything I wanted in the car, thanks to some nice haggling...which I love to do. It's part of the 'fun' in buying a car. Without it, I think the experience would be completely different. Gonna be a LOOONG two days...the people in my house think I am gonna go nuts, or drive them nuts. I don't care...bah to them! And yes, I know I will have the car for a long while...just the excitement about getting it makes me ecstatic. Later, i.[/quote] B@ST@RD!!!! LOL - congrats lucky b@st@rd.

Archived