LegacyGT.com

2.2L headers & exhaust???

zadok

I just recently bought a '99 legacy L 30th Anv. 2.2L.

The stock exhaust manifold and cat back exhaust are both shot.

I did multiple searches, and the only thing I really found was Borla.

So I guess my question is, what are my options.

Am I stuck with Borla or are there other stuff out there, including parts from other soobs that may fit?

Thanks!

- Jason

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

Check Ebay, the wrx header should fit. You can always custom fit an exaust for it. The headers are running about 250 on Ebay. The 2.5 one is the same if I remember correctly.

check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Racing-Header-98-04-Subaru-Impreza-2-5RS-2-5L-RS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ8033572113QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Mine only has single exhaust ports, vs the 2.5's dual.

I think i'm just going to have a friend of mine build me a entire custom setup, b\c I really want an equal length 4to1 header and loose the dual stage cats.

Thats what I did on my XT6, and it sounded like the Subaru WRC car.

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

• 1 month later...
They look great, but mine is a SOHC setup, not a dual; which ultimately is my problem. They really don't make a great header for the SOHC models.

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

- Jason

• 3 years later...

Archived